not my day. Crease in film

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpaudio2

Reaction score
So my new panels sound like crap. Resonances, just generally blah sounding. I used to describe the logans as the best speakers ive owned, now Im listening to my second system a lot more. Attached the bent film pic, and some others for fun :).

see attached... not sure what to do? Im going to call logan, I feel like chucking them out the window, just a complete pain in the butt, I just want to enjoy music again.

edit about ~100 hours on panels.

Attachments

• IMG_7372s.jpg
    IMG_7372s.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7368s.jpg
    IMG_7368s.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_7370s.jpg
    IMG_7370s.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
I take the new panels are the ReQuest? If so the Crease is running vertically between spars? Its not in a corner?

If so,.........Contact ML and let them know about this. Before sending them back take a hair dryer and move somewhat evenly and methodically and it may take it out. I have had good luck with this before. If they are brand new panes what do you have to lose! If it does not work ML should take them back. This is NOT supposed to be in the panel. Is it causing the problem ? That I do not know. For the buzzing sound I would test each speaker with a pink noise test sweep disc. You will see exactly where the resonance is happening. at the exact frequency !./

Last edited:
yes semi vertically, it goes across multiple spars.

Im hoping all my problems are related to that!

Absolutely related to the crease.

Something happened in either post-production or in shipping /assembly to let the Mylar slip like that.

Call ML and they'll sort it out for you.

Nice house. Those Martin Logans sure make your TV look small

Absolutely related to the crease.

Something happened in either post-production or in shipping /assembly to let the Mylar slip like that.

Call ML and they'll sort it out for you.

Well I totally agree that it should not be there. I am not 100% sure its causing the buzzing. I have a pair of brand new Quest panels here that are going back to ML because they had wrinkling all through the spar area and they played fine. It was purely cosmetic. However; That being said it should not be there and that is why they are going back (for cosmetic reasons only) The wrinkles did seem to dissipate with the hair dryer but my self and the buyer agree for $715 , you want NEW LOOKING panels too.

Back