Nordost vs. other speaker cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tony gange

I have odyssey speakers that are biamped with blue heaven cables for my stats and zipcord for the woofers. I am considering Kimber 8tc for my woofers.
What are your opinions on the kimbers and suggestions on good woofer cables that would compliment my blue heavens?

I have odyssey speakers that are biamped with blue heaven cables for my stats and zipcord for the woofers. I am considering Kimber 8tc for my woofers.
What are your opinions on the kimbers and suggestions on good woofer cables that would compliment my blue heavens?

Hola Tony...it depends of what you are looking for. IMHO Nordost blue heaven are a very good speaker cables and have a nice sweet sound. On the other hand, the Kimber are great for bass...I think you are in the right track. I love that combination in my system...I wish you a very happy listening,
Roberto.:rocker:

I used to use the Synergistic Research Signature No. 2 on my ReQuests. They were very good dedicated bass cables (developed specifically as the bass component in bi-wire applications). I'm still using Synergistic Research, but had stepped up to the Designers Reference several years ago.

The Odysseys are great speakers. I used to own a pair. They can play th excellent bass as long as you provide them with plenty of amplifier power.

How do your Odysseys sound with single Blue Heaven wire and using the standard plate jumpers? Do you find they sound better with the added zipcord?

I am using the Kimber 8 TC's with my CLS II's and I am really very fond of them. Plenty of bass, yes, and very clean sound - I don't miss anything and I think that these cables are the best in their price class. To get more you will have to spend more than the double, and you're both feet already in diminishing returns territory. Highly recommended, you won't regret buying them ! Just make sure you get them already terminated with spades or bananas, whatever you prefer, as DIY termination is not trivial.

Hi Craig
I just got my nordost cables so I haven't done too much experimenting.
I previously was using 12 gauge Home Depot cable biwired which actually sounded pretty good.
But I stepped up to a Simaudio titan amp and the HD cable wouldn't cut it.
The nordost are really detailed but I never tried them with the plate jumpers because I tried my previous cable with the jumpers and decided to biwie instead.

New to ML and have been playing with wire

I just acquired a pair of Aerius I in as new condition. For the past month I have been experimenting with tubes, biamp, ss etc. I finally ended up with this configuration.

Quad II amps feeding the panels connected with 4tc and a Bryston 4Bp driving the woofers with 8tc.

I also have a Rell Quake 108 sub and i can only say
Wow.

as far a wire goes, I started out with DH Labs 14 that I was using with my previous speaker, it was too bright. I wanted to get some Acoustic zen Holograms or Satori but didnt want to spend the money so I tried the Kimber and I am very happy with it.

Nordost vs

I am quite pleased with Goertz silver cables,they are not very thick but have much better bass control than some of the thicker stranded copper cables I have used.The treble is very detailed but not harsh or fatiguing.
I think flat cables are best with the panels,as I believe most of the Nordost line is based on a flat geometry.
The goertz cables low capacitance has no problem when an amp is connected with it to the CLS,and because the CLS is already seen by the amp as one big capacitor,the less capacitance the better, and cleaner sound as the result.

Back