Newest Member of the Martin Logan Stable

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPajamas

Reaction score
Hello All from Boston,

I'm the newest member as I've just acquired a used set of CLS in great condition, except for the fact they seem to play soft.:mad: I need to turn the volume way up. They sound good, but not any volume comes out(loudness). Apparently, they are at the end of the life span of the panels, according to all I've read. However I'd like to try the Teraseptic Liquid Soap(anti-bacterial soap w/Triclosan) trick as I have nothing to lose . I've tried the test as recommended for various liquid soaps for conductivity, but cannot find any anti-bacterial soap in the Boston area that conducts as stated in "ensilen" post under the tweak section. What should I do? I've also attempted searches on Teraseptic Liquid Soap to no avail and cannot find it in the Boston area at any pharmacy. Any alternative suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks - MrPajamas

Vintage McIntosh - MC 2105 100 w/channel. ('m not expecting "blow your head" off volume, but something is not correct- Volume control at 3/4 volume to even hear the panel.)

Thanks. MrPajamas

which tap are you using to drive the CLX's? I'd use the 4 ohm instead of the 8, and this amp does not have a ton of current. Might not be a great match for CLS's, especially old ones that aren't as efficient as they were new.

Soft electrostatic panels

I had the same problem with my aerius i that i purchased new in 1999, about four years later the panels went dead/soft,i sent back to martin logan they repaired them and they worked great ever since,although now they are not being used,since i have a pair of sl3's and a pair of prodigy's .

Back