Newbie needs help! Please :)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,
I don't have an unlimited budget and I was looking at the NAD C162 and C272 combination. I can buy that new for about $1300. So I'd like to keep the budget under $1500, say. I believe NAD has a reputation for being very affordable for high end components.
Erik

Krell 400xi, bar none one of the best integrateds especially when bought used. You need not find interconnects to hook between the pre and the amp, and you need not try to fiddle around with combinations that may not work too well.

Good luck.... and may my disease not claim you.

Joey :welcome:

Krell 400xi, bar none one of the best integrateds especially when bought used.
I guess I will have to get out and hear this model (400xi) as the KAV-300i did not "wow" me in the slightest when I auditioned it with ML's and Aerials.

Dan

I guess I will have to get out and hear this model (400xi) as the KAV-300i did not "wow" me in the slightest when I auditioned it with ML's and Aerials.

Dan

I can't think of anything under $1500 that can beat the Krell 400xi, especially when mated to its better half, the Krell SACD Standard in balanced. Pure delight. I remember hearing it on the JM Labs Profile 918, and that Norah performance still gives me goosebumps! Heard it on the Vantages, and it played it better than I could get my Vantages to sound (on Rotel)... and I was wondering why that whole time.

It may not have the liquidity and solidity in the midrange as a tube preamp hooked to a Plinius, but it's not exactly $5000+ either.

Just my dos centavos.

:)

Joey

Back