Newbie from Philly

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayode714

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm enjoying the posts and getting some good insights and info. I'm looking to upgrade my Sequel II's. I'm considering Odyssey, Prodigy, Spire, and Summit. Any suggestions related to comparing these is welcome. I use an Audio Research VT-100 stereo amp and a Conrad Johnson tubed pre-amp in my system. Also a YBA CD1 cd player.

Welcome ! from another SE Pa resident , hope you're enjoying the nice snowy weather we've been having !

As far as your upgrade is concerned I am more than pleased with my Spire's, PM me if you want to get together for a listen.

Welcome!

If you can find a good SS amp to put on the woofers (with gain matching that of your ARC for the panels), and if you have the room for them, then the Prodigy is a hard speaker to beat for the price. The Summits are great too, would sound wonderful with your current amp, and are a lot easier to place in a room and dial in than the older models. I have Ascents and Summits and love them both.

Looks like the east side is being hit with more snow than chicago this year. weird. Anyway, welcome

Welcome ! from another SE Pa resident , hope you're enjoying the nice snowy weather we've been having !

As far as your upgrade is concerned I am more than pleased with my Spire's, PM me if you want to get together for a listen.

Thanks, Dave. Your system looks pretty awesome. I'd love to check it out some time. I've been figuring on going down to Overtures to check out the Spires as soon as it gets a little less icy and messy. Someone told me recently that Spire was the way to go for 2-channel audio and that Summit was more for home theater. Based on that I'm leaning towards the Spires now...looking forward to hearing. There are some pretty decent prices to be found these days. What did you use before Spires?

I've been figuring on going down to Overtures to check out the Spires as soon as it gets a little less icy and messy.

let me know when, if I'm around I'll join you you for the fun. FWIW, I've been trying to organize a 'Logan Day' @ Overture for months now, can't seem to get Terry off the block though.

Someone told me recently that Spire was the way to go for 2-channel audio and that Summit was more for home theater.

Absolute nonesense, BOTH will do justice to either, your budget and or desire to work with secondary sub (myself I prefer the Spire / sub combination) will determine. Simply put..both are excellent choices !

What did you use before Spires?

Vantage's

Back