Newbie from NJ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebonz

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have just purchased my first pair of Martin Logan EM ESL's on friday. These have replaced a 14 year old pair of Meadowlark Audio Hot Rod Kestrel's. It was time for a change and what a positive change it is. I purchased them at Overture in Delaware. A better experience I could not have had. I brought my amps in to see if they could drive them without issue. I was concerned because they are 845 single ended mono blocks putting out about 27 watts a channel. Everything I have read says these amps will not work with such a demanding load. I listened to them at Overture for about an hour with music I know very well. The sound was incredible. I will post my impressions on how they ultimately sound in my listening room when they are fully broken in.

Hello and Welcome

You will enjoy the EM ESLs. I've listened to them before on a Marantz 100 wpc receiver and find that they are not as difficult to drive as many other ESLs. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Welcome Rebonz... look forward to hearing your in-home impressions. (I almost bought a pair of Kestel's back in the day - a fine speaker as I recall)

Cheers

bonz, welcome ! Congrats on the new purchase, tax free shoping in Delaware...what could be better !! I know Terry and his crew quite well, glad to hear you had a good buying experience.

Latest posts

Back