Newbie for ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvinv02

Reaction score
Hello, just recently purchase a Source model at local Fry's store, though I wanted the Vista but the boss (wife) wouldnt let me. Anyhow I love the sound of these speakers and will be lurking everyone's setup, DIY, and recommendations here.

Congrats on being a MLO. How long ago and how much did you get the Source for? Looking at Fry's website, it's still $1097/each. That's more than what I paid for my Vista ($1995/pair no tax). If you can still return the Source and want the Vista so much and can wait for a couple of weeks, get a pair from here http://store.audioholics.com/speakers.html?cat=5&manufacturer=267.

Or you can return the Source and try to have Fry's match the price for the Vista, since they have online store price matching offer. Audioholic's price for the Vista is regular price and they are ML authorized dealer so Fry's should honor that. Just try to help you here

Got mine from that store and never looked back. It's a lot better than the Source.

Last edited:
Marv, Welcome !

Be nice to the misses....she'll come around sooner or later......hopefully !

Hi marv

I am happy for you, I remember when I got my Source and sitting down to listen to them. I was in heaven and have been there ever since

thanks, got a pretty good deal for one was open box for $299 but not used only to know the dc cable was taken and the brand new one for $450 and Motion8 for $299. Just need a pretty good receiver now.. my old Sony receiver doesnt even have hdmi's.

Looking at Marantz SR6006 and Onkyo TX-NR809.

I used an onkyo 607 with my source and it was a match made in heaven. Even 2 ch playback was awesome

thanks, got a pretty good deal for one was open box for $299 but not used only to know the dc cable was taken and the brand new one for $450 and Motion8 for $299. Just need a pretty good receiver now.. my old Sony receiver doesnt even have hdmi's.

Looking at Marantz SR6006 and Onkyo TX-NR809.

Oh yeah, with deal like that, just keep them. Congrats again.

Back