New to MLO but not new to ML.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiokondriac

Reaction score
I’ve been a ML owner for over 25 years, but have only sold my Scripts before.
CLS-IIz, Logos, SL-3, Odyssey, Scripts, Theatre, Descent & Depths..
A bit tricky environment in Hawaii to operate, with our humidity.
I need to downsize a bit now and let someone else share in the passion!
My home theatre photo shows Odysseys, Theatre & Descent.
Not visible on same level as the Theatre are two pairs of Logos for Sides and Rears.

Attachments

• 2457 Media Room.rev10 copy.jpg
    2457 Media Room.rev10 copy.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Aloha kakahiaka... and what a beautiful room! What is the video display? Looks quite crisp and bright in all the daylight, must not be projector based

Can we all come visit? I assume you have plenty of space for those of us who might consider an extended stay ;)

Oh, and I'll have an extra shot of rum in my umbrella drink... Mahalo nui loa :)

Last edited:
An ML man after my own heart,

You can never have enough MLs in the house! What are you driving each of the systems with?

Nice to see another Pacific member in the forum.

Ka Kite ano

Fjeff

You can never have enough MLs in the house! What are you driving each of the systems with?

Good Question; glad you asked.
Kind of a complicated setup. Everything in 7.1 mode is driven by a Lexicon MC12B processor and LX-7 solid state amp. There is a signal sensor (Niles) that switches when it sees an analog source (SOTA turntable, SME arm, Alchemist cartridge) over to a stereo hybrid tube configuration. Only the Odysseys are used for LP listening. (Audio Research PH-2 phono preamp, LS-5 preamp, pair of Classic CL-120 mono power amps.) The Odysseys are bi-amped in this configuration through a Bryston BP10-LR crossover to a Bryston 4B for the woofer inputs.
This didn't happen overnight, it was an accumulation of equipment and speakers over the years. One of the Logos started out as my center channel, the Scripts (now sold) were my sides and rears originally, etc. I'm much better at buying than I am at selling!

Last edited:
View attachment 14475
What is the video display? Looks quite crisp and bright in all the daylight, must not be projector based

You busted me on that; it is a Photoshopped image. Drop down screen is a Stewart Firehawk G3 tab-tensioned Luxus Electriscreen. Projector is a JVC RS-1. DILA technology produces luscious images, but not very bright (600 lumens). Who watches TV in Hawaii in the daytime anyway? I just TiVo everything and look at it in the evening, when I can. There is a curtain hidden off the frame on the right side which can cover the window (in the same fabric as the padded wall on the left side) for daytime viewing, and/or better acoustics. That and the padded carpet and upholstered chairs/ottomans makes for a pretty anechoic room. Maybe too dead for some people for classic stereo listening, though. Great for a multi-channel SACD through a Denon 5900 player, though.

View attachment 14474

Attachments

• 2457 Media Room-NS.rev1.jpg
    2457 Media Room-NS.rev1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Great picture.. Love those chairs. Welcome.

They are Eames Lounge Chairs & Ottomans by Herman Miller. Rosewood plywood from the Amazon is no longer offered because of extinction concerns. I like having a separate ottoman instead of a traditional home theatre recliner; you can easily change positions after a while. In a pinch, they become stools.

Welcome to our mutual madness ! Comfy enviroment to say the least !

Welcome to MLO. That is a comfy room to watch movies and listen to music. Hawaii wow!!

Back