New Preface and Encore TF Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Hello fellow ML forum members! I am thoroughly enjoying my brand new system ... started from bare-bones after sending my Bose LifeStyle 28 to the boneyard.

My new system is a bit daunting for me now, I have 2 Dark Cherry Prefaces, an Encore TF (center), a Klipsch SW-350 Sub-woofer (used during movies only), and 2 Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 Surround Rears all connected to a Yamaha RXV2065 A/V receiver.

Feel free to ask me how things are going :D

Karl

Hi Karl! I too am a Preface owner and love them. Mine are in a 2 channel music rig and i couldnt be happier. Please post some pics of your system when you get the chance. Not many of us Preface owners here so Im excited to up our numbers andhear whats working best for others.

What wattage are you feeding them with? What placements have you found best results with?

Bose Relocated

Tom, As for my Bose Lifestyle 28 ... it was retired to my master bedroom; it is well suited for that type of acoustical environment. :)

Jimna, I have my Prefaces' wired to a Yamaha RXV2065 A/V receiver which has a 140W amplifier ... seems to drive them very well. I'd of loved to go with a bigger Yamaha but my pocketbook said .... NO!

Karl

Last edited:
That receiver it fine, when I felt the need to make a move I just used the preouts on mine to an amplifier to really make a jump in sound quality. It was the best way to get the most out of movies and music for my setup.

Newbie...

Hey Guys!
I'm a newbie to the site and just finished my 5.1 setup. I starting piecing my set about 6 months ago, buying each speaker one at a time whenever I could find something on clearance, open box, or deeply discounted.

So I bought my first Fresco i around July, and bought 2 more Fresco i's last month. Today I just ordered 2 Prefaces for the L and R fronts. I can't wait to break them in and mount up my Fresco's. I demo'd them using a USB flash drive listening to Mindy Abair, and I heard sounds on my jazz MP3's that I never knew were in the songs. I'm using a Focal sw800v sub to complete the setup.

The setup is replacing a Bose Accoustimass 10 Series 3 which I've been disappointed with for a few years now, but my wife wouldn't let me upgrade.

I really wanted to go with the Source as my front L and R and the Fresco i as my center and rears, but my wife didn't like the size of the sweet spot from the Sources even though they were much more clear. Hopefully she won't be disappointed by the ATF drivers.

Dave

my Prefaces took a while to break in fully. be patient and you wont be disappointed. im in love with mine.

Back