New panel to sequel 2

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksa50

Reaction score
Hello.
My sequel 2 needs new panels but i cant order or get any prices from Martin Logan.
They cant sell parts outside of the US. Can anyone tell me the panel prices in US.
I think its much cheaper order they straight from ML.
I asked prices from my local dealer and still waiting the answer.

Thanks!

You cannot order panels direct from ML if you are not in the USA. You must go thru the ML dealer network, and it's much more expensive than if you live here in the US. Pricing on replacement panels recently increased too, so be prepared. Perhaps you should think about showering the panels first (see stickies at top of Main Discussion Forum) before you shell out big $$ for new panels. Or selling the Sequel ii's and getting a newer model. Good luck!

The mylar is broken so i think the shower cant help me. New panels cost 1800 eur (2200$) in Finland. Thats too much for me. Used sequel speaker cost here about 1000 eur.
I really dont understand why ML priced they replacement part so high. Nobody fixed the old speakers for that prices.

I really dont understand why ML priced they replacement part so high. Nobody fixed the old speakers for that prices.

Actually, it sounds like you do understand why they priced them so high. So fewer people could afford to fix their old speakers and more people would upgrade to the newer models. ML got tired of competing with themselves. My suggestion is to consider the impacts of their management decision when deciding which speaker brand to replace your sequels with.

Hello Friends, me too I am disappointed with the new ML's spares pricing.
From my point of view is simple out-of-mind to price a pair of replacement panels of the value of the entire used loudspeakers pair.
Doing so ML is simply pushing customers to look around for other vendors.
In August this year I was at the point to buy a pair of Summit while, by case, I asked also for a quotation to replace my old Sequel II panels (I am planning to use this system at my beach house), and so I got the bad news: in Italy, a pair of Sequel II panels is quoted around 1400 Euro, while I paid about 800 Euro in 2006 when I replaced the last time !!!
At that point... I stopped also my purchase of the Summit. What I should have to pay to replace those panels? Probably 3 or 4000 Euro!!!!
Regards,
Andrea

Back