New member from Australia - MLs running on SETs!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter R T

Reaction score
Hi All,

I purchased my first MLs, a pair of Electromotions, a fortnight a ago. I've been reading the comments from this site so wanted to say thanks, it was very useful and helped me make up my mind to join you good folk who own MLs. I also thought you might find it interesting that these speakers are running off SET 300B valve amps.

Firstly, let me say that while my speakers are running in, I would have to say that they do live up expectations and quite frankly are extraordinary - particularly in the midrange. The real surprise is how well they match to my 300B Single Ended Triode mono blocks (running off 4 ohm taps). Yep, who would have thought that electrostatics could run off 8 watts....and quite loudly too, there is no shortage of DBs.

It may not be a natural marriage, but from where I'm listening it's a match made in heaven. There is something that just works so well in the match between the smooth, natural and fluid valve midrange and the transparency the ML bring. It just shows how far ML have come in increasing their efficiency.

Thought you mind find this interesting... Perhaps a first?

Peter

Hi All,

I also thought you might find it interesting that these speakers are running off SET 300B valve amps(...)

Yep, who would have thought that electrostatics could run off 8 watts....and quite loudly too, there is no shortage of DBs.

(...)it's a match made in heaven. There is something that just works so well in the match between the smooth, natural and fluid valve midrange and the transparency the ML bring. It just shows how far ML have come in increasing their efficiency.

Thought you mind find this interesting... Perhaps a first?

Peter

Glad that you've found the nirvana.

"Perfect amp for martin logan" ;)
p.s. Just teasing another member.

Welcome to the madhouse Peter,

Good to see another Antipodean on the forum. Let us know what else you have in your system and the music you put through them.

Fjeff

Hi all, I'm from Melbourne - the world's most liveable city (not that we like to brag about that...). I run a Esoteric transport into a burr brown based DAC with a valve output stage (made with a mate, and frankly better than virtually anything else I've heard) and a audio lab pre-amp.

Hi all, I'm from Melbourne - the world's most liveable city (not that we like to brag about that...).

Not quite sure how cold, wind and rain makes for a liveable city, but you can keep thinking that!! I was last there for the audio show - did you go to that?

Latest posts

Back