new in club

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikolasGreece

Reaction score
hi i'm new in club
i'm waiting a new pair of ml sumit and a pair of Bryston 7bsst-c monoblock
can anyone tell me if the amp its good for this speakers
thanks for good jod in this club

Hi Nikolas -
I've got Summits for front channels driven by ARC tubes. My center Cinenma i and Fresco Surrounds are driven by a Bryston 9bsst. I like that amp very much and I believe you'll have no problems.

Congrats and welcome to the SUmmit club!!

Here is the *secret Summit owners handshake*... dont tell anybody else!

The Bryston should work real well with the Summits. I heard ML Ascents powered by a Bryston and a VTL tube preamp at the helm and it sounded very good. Get a tube preamp and you'll be happy as a clam... or get a ss preamp, then get a tube preamp and be even happier as you will appreciate the sound even more.

Joey
:welcome:

Hi Nikolas,

Welcome to the club. I don't have any direct experience with them, but I have heard good things about the Bryston amps. I believe they are supposed to have good synergy with the Martin Logan speakers. I agree with Joey. I bet the Summit/Bryston combo would sound fantastic with a tube preamp. Let us know how it sounds once you get it all set up.

Hi my pre amp is Bryston BP26DA with Dac
does any know if sumit Impedance 4 ohms-0.7 at 20kHz
is difficult for Bryston 7bsst-c to drive
this speakers with good sound

My brother has a 4bsst w/Ascents. I believe the Ascents are more difficult to drive than the Summits given the Summits have the powered Sub. Here is what you are going to get from this setup....detail,detail,detail......and more detail. I would describe my bro's setup as layers upon layers of soundstage with things like horns/percussion just jumping out at you at times. Huge soundstage....You're gonna love it ... let us know when they arrive... thx. tim.

Hi Nikolas,

Your Bryston mono amps should work out great.

Joey, I have read all over this site since joining that having a tube pre is the way to go with a ss amp. Is it a hit and miss process getting a tube pre to match up to a solid state amp due to gain. I don't know much about that , maybe you could explain it .

I am running a Simaudio P-5 pre and a W-5 amp. Do you have any particular pre suggestions. Would Blue Circle be a good match.

Sorry to get off the topic, but all this talk on here about tube pre's has made me wonder about it.

Thanks, Greg

Thanks, Greg
i dont now know much about a tube pre
but everybody tell me its the best for Summits
i like ml speaker and this site is perfect
i'm waiting Summits like crazy i dont have ever Listen martin logan speaker but i think is the best

You are going to be in Heaven

I have Bryston 4b St's (250 watts) driving Ascents and I am very happy. The 600 watts you are going to throw at the speakers will deliver incredible smoothness, speed and finesse to your Summits. In fact, I would love to come by your house and listen.

I have Bryston 4b St's (250 watts) driving Ascents and I am very happy. The 600 watts you are going to throw at the speakers will deliver incredible smoothness, speed and finesse to your Summits. In fact, I would love to come by your house and listen.

Dave speaks the truth... the Bryston sounds good.:cheers:

Joey

Back