new here to forum

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrique

Reaction score
I'm new here and at the moment i dont have any ML gear except the grotto sub.Maybe in the future i will be able to get a full ML setup.I presently have a rotel rsx1056 with B&W 603s3's(would like ML).My question is if anyone could advise me concerning the grotto.Right now it's connected via the lfe input to the reciever.I know when connected this way the crossover is disabled.I can set the crossover for the grotto via my reciever as well as other settings for music,dolby dig. stereo,2ch etc..I have it presently at 60hz i believe and my main speakers which are also done via the rotel are also set at 60hz and to small.My question is should i set them differently,all these controls on the grotto though not confusing i still dont get it/fully understand.I'm trying to set this the way it should be.Any opinions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.Man,sorry for the long post.

Enrique,
:welcome:

Use the search tool at the top of the page to find threads about Bass Management, this topic comes up all the time. Below is a link to a site I found very helpful that was posted here by another member a couple of weeks back wish I could remember who, so I could give credit where credits due.
http://www.ultimateavmag.com/howto/805bass/

My system setup is similar:

Vantage = small, crossed at 40 Hz
Stage CC = small, crossed at 80 Hz
Surrounds = small, crossed at 80 Hz
Subwoofer = crossed at 80 Hz

Surrounds are crossed based on -3 db ratings.

Welcome enrique to the show that never ends! I have a Descent rather than a Grotto. I crossover my Aeon fronts at 40, my Scenario surrounds at 60, and my Logos center at 80 Hz. I use the Outlaw Audio ICBM ANALOGUE crossover which sounds much better than the digital crossovers in most receivers or prepros. The ICBM allows for one or two subs so very flexible.

I guess i'm alright then.My 603s3's are at 60hz,my center lcr600 and surrounds are set to 80hz.And of course the grotto to 60hz.

I would crossed the Grotto at 80 Hz. I heard that THX recommends this. In addition, anything below 80 Hz is non-directional...so, why not?:)

I would crossed the Grotto at 80 Hz. I heard that THX recommends this. In addition, anything below 80 Hz is non-directional...so, why not?:)

I think i'll try it and see if there is a noticable difference.thanks

Latest posts

Back