Need to Replace the IEC Power Cord

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phuture

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a longer 25 foot 18/2 IEC power cord from? All the ones i seen are 18/3 or heavier? Would it matter if i used the 18/3 even though the ground wire is not used.

Ive tried looking on line for a 18/2 in 25 foot length but no good. Was just figuring why use the 18/3 when all i need is an 18/2. The reason why i need a 25 foot length is to connect the speaker into my panamax power conditioner which is at the rear of the room.

Ive tried looking on line for a 18/2 in 25 foot length but no good. Was just figuring why use the 18/3 when all i need is an 18/2. The reason why i need a 25 foot length is to connect the speaker into my panamax power conditioner which is at the rear of the room.

As Bernard said, no harm in using an 18/3 IEC for a 2-wire application. Cheapest I could see on-line was this one at under $10 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Ft-3-Pro...841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfcc14051

Does anybody know where I can get a longer 25 foot 18/2 IEC power cord from? All the ones i seen are 18/3 or heavier? Would it matter if i used the 18/3 even though the ground wire is not used.

On what basis did you decide that 18/2 was the correct size? If it is the gauge of the current power cord, you may want to increase the gauge for a run of 25'. I suggest calling ML's service folks to confirm the correct gauge to use.

Back