need help how to clean sl3 panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billjohns

Reaction score
first time cleaning my sl3 speakers, i removed the rails, have disconnected them from wire harness. do panels come apart for cleaning, do i shower film less panel? pls help, any photos appreciated. Love Martin Logans.

Speakers were left by error in area that was being remodeled you can imagine the dust,
Son suggested washing first if sound still weak then reorder new panels. Using Marantz 700 series Mono block amps.

Man I'm in the same boat. I have a pair of 1999 SL3's that have been sounding great until I about a month ago and have gone thur the cleaning, showing with and sending the crossovers back to ML. They say the electronics check out fine, bought new panels and they now sound worse. They sound weak, no midrange, distorted highs and no power. WTF. I'm using Emotiva XPS1 mono blocks and everthing sounds fine with other speakers. ML can't figure it out. I bought my speakers new and never had a problem. I think there is something blown in the Crossovers.

They went as far as saying change the power cords. Are you kidding, I've changed outlets, put them on a power conditioner, change direct to the wall. I'm about ****ed. The problem is that after listening to Stats it's impossible to go back to conventional speakers. Their like drug dealers, they have us hooked.

Let me know what you find out

Rich
DFW

Last edited:
Right with you

Panels cost 700.00 in the door. They also changed the color of don't expect black. They are now a bronze color which look cool but not the same. They forgot to tell me that.

good luck

Rich

Back