Need help finding a COOL AV rack

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, how about this one, which you can get in different colours? This link also has the racks in your picture: http://www.finite-elemente.de/en/products/segment_x

Do not waste the money on this rack...

I love Finite products (have four pagode signature racks and amp stand)
but this thing is JUNK. Really flimsy. I got sucked in because it looked cool, but it's just pressed cardboard. You can't put a component that weighs more than 15 pounds on any of the shelves.

It was so flimsy, I was scared to put any of my components on it and sent it back!

I never bash peoples products, but this one's a stinker!!

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. I think I'm going with the Adonas.

Don't forget that Adona also offers the "build you own" from their lineup. So if you do not see a "built rack" you like, you can design your own.

Another big advantage of the Adona and other aluminum frame based racks, like the Salamander Synergy series, is you can get extra parts or concoct special arrangements (or even roll-your-own rack) by visiting places like this:
http://www.8020.net/

They have all kinds of accessories for these extruded aluminum slotted frames.

From cable tie-down blocks that slide into the T-Slots to foots, to whole new ways of assembling or joining multiple frames together.

If you played with tinker-toys or erector sets as a kid, or your job title ever included the word ‘Engineer’, you will go wild on that site ;)

Got to give Salamander some props for featuring Martin Logan speakers on the image on their Synergy products landing page. Way to go!

Attachments

• syn_mainimg.jpg
    syn_mainimg.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 239
BDI Axis

Any opinions on the BDI Axis stands? I may be in the market for a new stand soon. I like the look of them, even though I am not too crazy about glass (easily changed, though).

Okay, how about this one, which you can get in different colours? This link also has the racks in your picture: http://www.finite-elemente.de/en/products/segment_x

I have Finite Pagode racks, but this one is JUNK. It's so flimsy I wouldn't
put an iDock on it...

Seriously. We got one in about two years ago for review and sent it
back. It looks cool but won't hold anything. In addition to being pretty much made out of pressed cardboard, you can't fit any normal sized components in it.

I love my Finite stuff, but don't buy this one unless you can see it in person...

I have Finite Pagode racks, but this one is JUNK. It's so flimsy I wouldn't
put an iDock on it...

Seriously. We got one in about two years ago for review and sent it
back. It looks cool but won't hold anything. In addition to being pretty much made out of pressed cardboard, you can't fit any normal sized components in it.

I love my Finite stuff, but don't buy this one unless you can see it in person...
Jeff, you are responding to the wrong post. That is not the one I asked about this time.

Last edited:
yhst-91559291991768_2011_2887311

Ultrasonic has the modern look. It's made with very thick clear or black acrylic. One of my favorites

yhst-91559291991768_2011_3861174

You can opt for the led lighting system for a nice effect. They're pretty but not cheap.

yhst-91559291991768_2011_3861174

You can opt for the led lighting system for a nice effect. They're pretty but not cheap.

I have seen them first hand they are beautiful but I wonder how the acrylic works as a platform acoustically !

Any opinions on the BDI Axis stands? I may be in the market for a new stand soon. I like the look of them, even though I am not too crazy about glass (easily changed, though).
I love the look of the BDI Axis in the pictures from sites, but sadly I have not seen one in person to verify. I have been looking at the Axis and the Vector and for $250 less, the Vector may be the way to go. But again I would need to see both to make a final determination.

I also like the Adona Racks and the DIY option they have.

Dan

I ended up buying a Salamander Synergy 40 rack, and took delivery last week. It is good-looking, well-made, and easily-assembled. However, I have one problem with it - it does not come with spiked feet, so is a bit wobbly on carpet with the levelling feet. Salamander does sell "stilleto feet", but I think they look silly. The levelling feet are an integral part of the rack in that they screw in through the base to the support columns. I have on order from OregonDV four spikes with the appropriate thread, but I think they will not work as the threaded portion will probably not be long enough to fit through the rather thick base and into the support columns. Has anyone here found spiked feet that will work?

Back