Need help finding a COOL AV rack

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
As most of you know I'm in the process of building a 2 channel system. I need a place to rest all my components. What I’m looking for is an AV rack. It should be very modern in design (ie COOL). It should also be well built and functional. I need space for a maximum of 4 components. My budget is around $800.00. Post your ideas. I have something like this in mind.

Thanks

Cherian

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,212
I like it!!! Keep them coming.

Thanks

There is a whole host of racks by Sanus, etc, with glass shelves. They look good but I have heard of at least a couple of hi-fi manufacturers who have said that you should not use glass under their components.

I have a Bell'ogetti A/V rack that I am not using anymore. You can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it. It is all metal and has six adjustable shelves. I have attached a picture that I pulled off the web. It is a poor picture, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 01010701150201161420071030b8e7a63d3a8387b6cb00130d.jpg
    01010701150201161420071030b8e7a63d3a8387b6cb00130d.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 698
I have two sets of these (never used) Adona racks which I paid about $825 for each. Don't have the boxes as I was doing exactly what you are thinking of for my 2 channel set up but the wife saw them and said they go to storage and made me buy "real furniture".

If you pass the spouse factor, I will give you a good price if you are interested. You can find them on Audiogon or on the Adona site. They are aluminum frames with black granite. They look exactly like this:

Attachments

• Adona Rack.jpg
    Adona Rack.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 827
John,

I may take you up on your offer. This is what Im looking for. The "Man Cave" is mine to do with as I please. :rocker: I will be moving the first week in December. I will keep you posted and what I do.

Thanks again!!!!

Cherian

Adona stands are great and I have always recommended them here, though you do have to like the industrial or modern look of them. The company is just down the street from me. I also like the BDI Axis 8026 rack too.

I'm a big fan of the Rix Rax Hoodoo - but it's a wee bit over your budget...

Attachments

• HoodooCut.gif
    HoodooCut.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 662
Just let me know Cherian if you want to try to do something but I thought I had the green light to do what I wish to my "man cave" but after gleeful serach, delight in the purchase, and then work in assembly I was given some altenative advice. I know have another Salamander cabinet which is okay but I really wanted to use these things. Look em up on the Adona site under AV45CS3.

If you are design conscious, these 2 companies make very cool, modern looking stuff:

- Spectral
- pARTicular

This may be the one!!! Thoughts!!! Thanks Dave!

Attachments

• Tandem03.jpg
    Tandem03.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 658
It certainly is unique and I maybe biased as I would love to sell you my Adona's but I actually prefer them to what you show. I like the rack Tim showed even better but the advantage of the Adona is you can elect to stack the componets or have them as stand alone, side by side, or whatever.

That said with your componets (probably the coolest I have seen together in a long time) you could use cinder blocks and plywood and they would look great.

I have two sets of these (never used) Adona racks which I paid about $825 for each. Don't have the boxes as I was doing exactly what you are thinking of for my 2 channel set up but the wife saw them and said they go to storage and made me buy "real furniture".

If you pass the spouse factor, I will give you a good price if you are interested. You can find them on Audiogon or on the Adona site. They are aluminum frames with black granite. They look exactly like this:

I have stackable racks from Atlantis, and while I do like them, I'm not pleased with them when stacked as they do not seem to be as immovable as I would like, so I do not use them stacked. That said, they are far cheaper than the stuff from Adona. I do like the look of the Adona of which I posted a picture in an earlier post.

Back