Nakamichi PA-7

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a CR-1 (aka Deck One) some 15 years ago. Unbelievable sound for a cassette deck. Put some TDK MA-XG cassettes on it and it was magic.

Update! :D

A while has gone since i started to use the the PA-5E MKII and i have to state the fact that the amplifier is more than just a "family resemblance" ;)

The print board and components is the exact same as used in the PA-7 MKII inc. non-used placement for the extra 3 sets of PT's :cool:
the power supply is not enhanced with any kind of parr. caps across the main caps, dispite this matter the perfomance is endeed very good ..., By seeking technical info about the differences betwin Nakamichi and Threshold i have to conclude that the PA-5/PA-7 could be inhanced to become "Genuin Thresholds" quite easy by a few tweaks, among others parr. the the main caps ...the local feed back loop could/should be altered to the original value(s) used in the Threshold "Stasis" S-series, altering of the cable from the phono inputs to printboard, raising of the standing current, even a pair of XLR balanced inputs could be made ..., all this i will do in the future even the fact that i have not had any direct issues against the sound from my "Nak" as it is it really makes my pair of CLS perform like intended :rocker:

I will recomend other members of MLC to concidere this amp for there system, since it has a high ratio of cost/benifit :D

Last edited:
Update ;)

I have had an oscilloscope hooked up across the terminals of the amplifier/speakers and messured the max. unclipped continiuos peak power to be equal to 2x 400W/8Ohm ...., if i accept clipping to occure a lot more power is availeble from my "Nak" :rocker:

Nakamichi Strasis PA-7 amplifier/CA-5A2 preamplifier

I aquired this amp/preamp and never had use for it due to I am into home theater 5.1. It is like new, not even a scratch. Thinking about unloading it. Anyone know what it is worth?:music: :yell: :band:

Latest posts

Back