Moved my Odysseys...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
A funny thing happned the other day ... I have had my Odysseys in the same place for about 2 years - and I got a little crazy and decided to move them out a bit... They were 7' (inside to inside) apart - and I decided to hell with everything - and I moved my left speaker about 1.5' left - increasing them to 8.5 feet apart (inside to inside). What a nice difference. My seating position is about 8 feet from the speaker plane. The soundstage is way wider (of course) - the bass seems better as well. But, the instrument ,vocal localization is much better too.... Everything was just given more 'space'. Whereas before, two singers on a song might seem to be practically on top of one another - now one is literally about a foot left of the other..... (a great example is when James Taylor does backup vocals on the Mark Cohn tune that I can't remember the name of.... if you have the cd/album - you know what I'm talking about)...

Of course - they are a bit in the way of traffic now - but this is pretty much the man cave.... (the tape I used to mark the floor of the old spot was removed by a once a month cleaning lady...JEEZ!!!!)...anyway, I just got a free upgrade.... :)

Gotta love a free upgrade. The best thing is, these "free" upgrades are often the best too! Congratulations!

Back