Mosaic VS Ascent

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepingBear

Reaction score
Long time since I been here, have been alot of things going on beside listening to my ML. :music:

I got an offer to sell my Mosaics and to buy a pair of Ascents instead. At the moment I got my rig setup in a rather smallish room. I've heard the Ascents with pretty much the same setup as I got and I know they sound great.

I were just wondering if it would be a big step up for me to replace the Mosaic with the Ascent?

What would the pros and cons be?

Thanks in advance.
//Bear

In one word...
YES.

Disclaimer...
Assuming you like the sound of an electrostat :).

Comment....
You heard them already, so can't you tell if the Ascent is worth upgrading to or not?

Concern...
The Ascent is an older speaker, so I'd find out the age and condition of the panels.

Hola. Now you are with an other kind of sound. You are now seeking the truth. With the right electronics, the Ascent will shine, revealing the musician(s) playing for you, there, in you own room. The nuances, the quality of the recordings, the feeling of the players, the sense of being "there" is more evident and precise. you can not make a comparison between them. It would be like a small not luxury car vs a big luxury car. Happy listening,
R.

The Ascent is a HUGE step up from the Mosaics. On a whole 'nother level. Cons would be that they are much larger and require more power to perform at their best.

Thank you guys for the quick responses, it was a while ago I listened to them so just wanted to make sure that I remembered right. :)

The Vantage were the speakers that was going to replace my Mosaics, but a child is on it's way so have to cut down some on the budget. :)

Thanks again for your answers, I made my mind up so far. Just gonna have a listen to the pair of Ascent in question.

Thank you guys for the quick responses, it was a while ago I listened to them so just wanted to make sure that I remembered right. :)

The Vantage were the speakers that was going to replace my Mosaics, but a child is on it's way so have to cut down some on the budget. :)

Thanks again for your answers, I made my mind up so far. Just gonna have a listen to the pair of Ascent in question.

The Ascent and Vantage are in the same family, so you won't be doing yourself a disservice. Might I suggest if you could find yourself the "Ascent i" as it comes with a 2nd generation panel.

The Ascent and Vantage are in the same family, so you won't be doing yourself a disservice. Might I suggest if you could find yourself the "Ascent i" as it comes with a 2nd generation panel.

That would be great if I could do that, unfortunately it lies a little over the price I am going to spend. Another upgrade will surely come, but with this I can hold on for a awhile anyway. :D

This has really nothing to do with this thread, but thought it was pointless to start a new thread just to say that I had the luck to find a pair of Vantage for a really great price. So they replaced my Mosaic insted of the Ascent, Could'nt be happier!! :D

Great job. The Vantage is a fine speaker and will be a big step up from your Mosaic, I expect.

Back