Monolith IIIp and Tube Poweramps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally

Reaction score
Hi all,
i just sold all my homecinema exept the Monolith III. Now i would like to go back to Tube Amps.
As i have the passive and also a active tube X-over specially built for the Monolith III i could make also bi-amping (SS for the bass). Any recomendations?

ARC VT-100's on the panels, Krell KSA-100 on the bottom. I prefer the old Krell sound to the new YMMV.

ops, forgot to say that i would prefer mono blocks for the panels. By the way, are the ARC VT 100´s still as unreliable as they where after their introduction? I had one and it blew up twice within 4 month. The firsttime 3 month after i bought it new!!!

Uhm, Tube's, sorry no recomendations :D

For the SS amp, yes, pretty much anything works fine for the woofers, more so if actively crossing over.

Why tubes - previous good experience or noise on audio forums?

Why a tubed crossover? I think the key thing to do for the Monoliths is to change the crossover level upwards and provide them with a lot of quality power.

Kevin

If you want tube power and you need a fair amount of it, I highly recommend Conrad Johnson's Premier 140 stereo tube amp. It offers 140 watts per channel of 6550 tube bliss. I am biamping my Ascents with this amp on the panels and a pair of Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblocs on the woofers and the combination is superb. Plenty of headroom and great dynamics.

Back