Monolith III What's The Voltage To The Diaphragm

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiegnz1

Reaction score
1) What is the constant DC voltage to the Diaphragm on the Monolith III panel, based on the original factory specification?

2) what is the acceptable range that the diaphragm voltage should be at (for building a DIY transformer set up)?

What I mean by asking two separate questions is that perhaps Martin Logan has it pegged at 5,500 volts DC (for EXAMPLE) but it would work almost as good from 5,300 to 5,700 (for EXAMPLE).

I'm not asking about the step-up ratio to the stators because I'm pretty sure that is a ratio of 1:50.

Kind thanks,
Eddie

The Monolith-III bias voltage is around 3,200VDC with four 15M-ohm resistors in series at the end of the circuit. Be sure to include these resistors at the end of the output of the supply because it insures that you can't get enough current out of the power supply to hurt you. Second, it helps force the speaker to operate in the "constant charge" mode. Third, it helps minimize damage to the speaker in the event the diaphragm comes into contact with one of the stator panels. I would keep the bias voltage in the 3.2kV to 3.6kV range because anything higher will cause a more rapid deterioration of the conductive coating on the diaphragm and may damage the stator insulation from excessive ionization.

Back