ML Virginity...no longer!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccarpenter

Reaction score
Like a kid on Christmas morning...anxiously I await the arrival of my new Vistas! The excitement to see my R&L delivery truck driver...kinda weird!

Ready for a that sweet sweet sound to have it's way with me...now,who do I listen to first??
:D

Like a kid on Christmas morning...anxiously I await the arrival of my new Vistas! The excitement to see my R&L delivery truck driver...kinda weird!

Ready for a that sweet sweet sound to have it's way with me...now,who do I listen to first??
:D

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I couldn't agree more with the Christmas morning analogy.. almost too exciting for many of us when major new gear first makes it's way into our lives.

Good luck on your choice for first listen... when I first got my current speakers, it was Sade for me. :)

Cheers and keep us posted.

Welcome, Also sprach Zarathustra!

Last edited:
congrats... your first listen should be something you know intimately well... Your vistas will sound better once they have a few hours on them, but right out of the box, you should be blown away... It's a great feeling.. welcome aboard.

Welcome ccarpenter

Its awesome to get Vista's and had the pleasure of scoring a pair of 3 weeks ago from audio advisor. Like Tom said you will have to give these a little time for them to sound optimum. I bought these and never let the wife in on all the details. A huge delivery truck pulled up outside and I had to sneak them past the kitchen window on a dolly whilst the wife and mother were playing cards. I put them in the spare bdrm until I could break the news lol

My first impression of the Vista from being a previous ML speaker owner was the huge soundstage they throw off. The bass on them was not as good as my ML source speakers but like we said give them a few days because them stiff aluminum cones really takes some loosening up.

I am curious as to what previous speakers you owned and witch amp pre etc.. you will be driving them with ?

Welcome to the Martin Logan Owners community.

Subjectively speaking, nothing in the world quite compares to the joy of listening to high fidelity electrostats. The Vista's are i am sure are great sounding electrostats. ML Vista's are built to last and therefore should deliver many years of listening pleasure.

ML CLS really shine when i play "The Essential Jean Michel Jarre" audio CD. This album contains many left to right and vice-versa transient sound special effects. Enjoy!

Welcome to the ML ownership club and the forum. Hope you enjoy the new speakers as much as I am enjoying mine. If you like the kind of music I find Tea for the Tillerman a great album. Enjoy and welcome from down under.

Back