ML Vantage or vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phuture

Reaction score
Hello Everybody. I am looking for some input on a speaker selection. I am looking to purchase either a set of Vantage or Vista front speakers. I have a motif center channel and a pair of fx2 rear surround speakers currently. I will be powering the speakers with a Maranz MM-8003 amplifier. I would like to hear what you guys think about this selection. Good or bad. Not sure to purchase the vantage or the Vista speakers. I also currently own two ML Grotto subs which will be added to the above speakers if necessary. The room is a medium, room roughly 13' by 20' Lets hear some input

Hello Everybody. I am looking for some input on a speaker selection. I am looking to purchase either a set of Vantage or Vista front speakers. I have a motif center channel and a pair of fx2 rear surround speakers currently. I will be powering the speakers with a Maranz MM-8003 amplifier. I would like to hear what you guys think about this selection. Good or bad. Not sure to purchase the vantage or the Vista speakers. I also currently own two ML Grotto subs which will be added to the above speakers if necessary. The room is a medium, room roughly 13' by 20' Lets hear some input

In my honest opinion get the best you can comfortably afford, otherwise you will continue to upgrade. You may do that anyway :)

Ron is right on the money... buy as high up into the line as your financial advisor can possibly cope with.
If you truly enjoy excellent sound, the ROI will be well worth the I.

performance wise is the Vantages better than the vista or vice versa. I heard both and cant decide.

The Vantages are better. Powered 8 inch woofer versus non powered in the Vistas I believe if my memory serves me correctly.

When I was looking to purchase my MLs I had the same choice as you did. I spent a great deal of time listening to both at my local dealer and ended up with the Vistas.

The choice between the powered woofer on the Vantage vs unpowered on the Vista may also depend on what you are using to power the speakers.

I went with the Vista because I already owned a pair of good Parasound amps. I felt the Parasound would do a better job at driving the entire speaker than any amp integrated into the speaker itself.

Had I wanted to drive the speakers using a multichannel receiver instead then I may have chosen the Vantage instead.

Had I wanted to drive the speakers using a multichannel receiver instead then I may have chosen the Vantage instead.

with that being said given the Op's choice of amplification IMO he should opt for the Vantage, besides it's North American made as opposed to the Chinese Vista !

Back