ML sub connection ...speaker level or line level?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
I would like to understand if many of those using ML subs use speaker level connection or line level and find any differences between each.

I use my REL T2 using speaker level connections. I have formed the view that it is easier to blend the sub with the main speakers with this connection method.

I should probably qualify my comment. I run it from the preamp so that it can go through a Behringer DSP1124P. I find the parametric EQ of the sub far more beneficial to ultimate integration rather than using speaker level inputs (and running two amps in series).

I would like to understand if many of those using ML subs use speaker level connection or line level and find any differences between each.

I used both with my REL T1. I found no audible difference between the two methods. Recently I inserted a DSPeaker AntiMode Dual Core DAC/EQ in my main system, so the line level connection is the only one possible. The DSPeaker device has made a significant difference to the integration of sub and ML SL3s.

Guido F.

Back