ML Source. Built-in amp for woofer only. What for? Should I connect so stange ..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novex

Reaction score
ML Source. It has built-in amp for woofer only. What for? Should I connect so stange bi-amp scheme - woofer hook to receiver's pre-amp and electrostatic panel hook to power out? Why ML Source needs built-in amp for woofer but not for electrostatic panel?

HOW TO CONNECT THEM to normal 5+1 MOSFET amp ?

The ML Source is NOT powered.

The Purity is the powered model. And its internal amp powers BOTH the panel and the woofers.

So, if you have a Source, then just connect to your amp as you would any other speaker with a single speaker cable.
Start simple and get it working before trying more sophisticated approaches.

Thank you Jonathan. It's clear now.

Thank you very much Jonathan!
Sorry everyone for so stupid above post, it originated from some Russian dealers' incorrect info who described the Source having integrated woofer-only power. Now I got pdf from ML site and the problem over.

Tomorrow morning I should take decision for purchasing all speakers. All of them will be ML, front: Sources, rear: Vignettes, center: Fresco I. Subfoofer already paid, SVS 20-39PC+ (huge cylinder 1 meter height, from 12Hz :eek:).

Problem is only receiver Pioneer 1018, it's newest and greatest, but Pio is not as really strong in hifi as they were in 70th. Anyway my plazma 6090H must be paired with Pio amp with kuro-link, no choice. I am so ancient and remember old Pio, hope perhaps they not so bad now.

I'd like to ask guys, maybe someone having Pioneer amp or another MOSFET amp, how do they power the electrostates 1 ohm@20kHz? What sound? Deadly bad?

Latest posts

Back