ML Mosaic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vhaudio

I recently came across a great deal on a pair of mosaics, but I'm a little concerned about whether I will have the space for them.

I've read that ideally you want them 1-2 feet away from the front wall and side wall. Is that less important since these are not electrostatic? I really don't have a lot of space to give a foot or two of room around the speakers, and am worried that I will disappointed with the sound once i get them home.

Thanks.

I recently came across a great deal on a pair of mosaics, but I'm a little concerned about whether I will have the space for them.

I've read that ideally you want them 1-2 feet away from the front wall and side wall. Is that less important since these are not electrostatic? I really don't have a lot of space to give a foot or two of room around the speakers, and am worried that I will disappointed with the sound once i get them home.

Thanks.

Hola vhaudio. They are push pull speakers at midrange and highs, like any electrostatic. My advise is when listening, take them out from the wall at least two feet and when you are not going to listen anymore, put them back. Your ears will tell you the great stage and how they handle the bass when are about two to three feet away of the wall. Happy listening,
Roberto.

The tweeter on Mosaics do throw sound backwards wich is why they should be pulled out from the back wall. I may be wrong but it seems like sound treatments behind the tweeter would be easier than a panel because of a smaller amount of sound going backwards which would allow you to put the speakers closer to the back wall.

Thanks for the replies. I may try Roberto's suggestions and see how that works out before going with sound treatments.

How much do windows effect the sound projection? The wall I will be placing them up against is a large bay window with wood shutters.

vhaudio,

Not every one here has an ideal room and there are trade-offs to be made but in most cases they are livable and make the overall listening process enjoyable. So with that piece of information and the fact you are like most of us do not get too wound up in "the perfect room" Yes, if possible, do what Roberto has suggested but understand it is a suggestion and as he always tells every one, your ears will tell you when you have the best you can get. ;)

On that note, :musicnote: glass tends to be reflective and IMHO, would tend to make them sound a bit brighter at times. If you have the shutters on the windows then I would shut them for critical listening and you should be ok.:D

Jeff:cool:

Thanks again for the info. I'm probably just overanalyzing :D

Back