ML Grotto i - blown fuse

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirmae

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to tap into the wealth of information on this forum on this issue I have with my Gotto i.
I disconnected the sub while repainting the room and when reinstalling the fuse kept blowing. Only after the 4th fuse things were OK.

Does anybody else experienced this or is something wrong?

Dirk

Hola. It looks that you have a power supply issue. There is no service parts inside the sub. Usually that problem is the switching power supply failure. Please contact ML service dept. They will guide you and will help you to solve your Grotto problem. Contac Mr. Dana Brown ([email protected]). He is a truly gentleman and a super expert connoisseur of the whole line of ML electronic prducts. Happy listening!

Not to be daft but you said it's okay after the 4th fuse?

Are you sure you are not using regular fuses over slow blow fuses (assuming that's what it uses)?

Could be 100% off base but just a thought.

Fuses don't blow without a reason. There has to be a cause - a short or component issue. And yes - the replacement fuse has to be the exact same design and usage as the original. In 30 years of electrical work I have never seen replacing a fuse fixing anything! Something caused the excess current draw.

Thanks for sharing your information. The sub is still playing fine (with the 4th fuse). I did replace the fuse with like for like. Maybe there nothing wrong with the sub, but maybe the variation is in the fuse?

Back