ML EFX for 7.1 surrounds?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyderkv

Reaction score
MLO,

I didn't find much information online or on MLO for the EFX or FX2 regarding 7.1 setup

I have Spires and thought the EFX with it's XStat panels would be a better tonal/timbre match for the full stat panel on my Spires. Is this correct?

The problem is, I don't know if they would be ideal for 7.1 surrounds on the mid sides. They do have 30 degree dispertion and brackets to swivel it.

Anyone have experience with 7.1 setup using these?

Thanks again everyone for your time

MLO,

I didn't find much information online or on MLO for the EFX or FX2 regarding 7.1 setup

I have Spires and thought the EFX with it's XStat panels would be a better tonal/timbre match for the full stat panel on my Spires. Is this correct?

The problem is, I don't know if they would be ideal for 7.1 surrounds on the mid sides. They do have 30 degree dispertion and brackets to swivel it.

Anyone have experience with 7.1 setup using these?

Thanks again everyone for your time

I use the EFX for rear surrounds with CLX for the fronts, Stage Center, and Stylos for sides. I like em'.

I use the EFX for rear surrounds with CLX for the fronts, Stage Center, and Stylos for sides. I like em'.

I'm curious why you chose the stylos for side channels instead of matching them with another pair of EFX? The Stylos are also larger but slightly slimer.

Can you tell a difference in sound quality with the newer EFX?

Do you have to swivel the Stylos towards you or is the 30 degree dispertion enough while flat on the wall?

Last edited:
I'm curious why you chose the stylos for side channels instead of matching them with another pair of EFX? The Stylos are also larger but slightly slimer.

Can you tell a difference in sound quality with the newer EFX?

Do you have to swivel the Stylos towards you or is the 30 degree dispertion enough while flat on the wall?

I have had the Stylos for years and determined no reason to change. They are perpendicular to the head position and pointed straight forward. I removed the foam baffles to make them dipole. The folks at M-L were really split on the foam. but when I installed the EFX, I thought I'd give it a try. The effect appears to provide a broader image.

I think the EFX are a little tighter with a better formed mid-range.

Back