ML CLS Panel Repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gliding Dutchman

Reaction score
The set of faulty CLS speakers are arriving late this evening.

Apparently the one panel is faulty causing the unit to switch off.

MLCLSSJ03sml.jpg

They are already dismanteled and the wooden frames are refinished in new laquer.

Any pointers?

Wish me luck - I have never worked on ML speakers only QUAD 57's.

GD

The set of faulty CLS speakers are arriving late this evening.

Apparently the one panel is faulty causing the unit to switch off.

MLCLSSJ03sml.jpg

They are already dismanteled and the wooden frames are refinished in new laquer.

Any pointers?

Hola...you have to track from where the problem is, could be a faulty power supply or a short in the voltage multiplier... you can address your question at Martin logan. The will help you with your problem, happy listening,
Roberto.

If it plays and its not down but just fades out its the power transformers in the x over

CAP & Roberto...

After arriving back home from an excellent weekend away I fired the babies up.

The one panel plays 100% but the other is about 10dB softer in volume and sound is a bit distorted. I have switched the electronics around but the fault seems to lie with the ELS panel...

Also have sent JP at ML a message.

Thank you

GD

The one panel plays 100% but the other is about 10dB softer in volume and sound is a bit distorted. I have switched the electronics around but the fault seems to lie with the ELS panel...Also have sent JP at ML a message. Thank you GD
Somewhere in these forums, I remember reading that these symptoms can occur when there is poor contact of the diaphragm (or was it the stator?) at the edges of the panel due to oxidation/corrosion. Let us know what Jim says.

Clean all the contact wire ares, Un screw the leads and clean and wash them panels or vacuume them good !

from the looks of you other thred the scalpel has been brought out . Good Luck !

Back