Mingda MC34AB 07 in the house

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donberry

Reaction score
Using a pair of real nice SL3. A totally restored/upgraded Pioneer Spec 2 (400+wpc into 4 ohms) on the woofers and just got the Mingda yesterday. A Conrad Johnson tube preamp.

I was using a Bose 1801 on the woofers (500+ wpc) and the Spec 2 on the panels.

It was not a night and day difference, which just tells me I did a good job restoring the Spec 2, BUT, the beauty is in the details and oh how detailed the Mingda is.
It was powerful enough to drive the SL3 by itself, even had plenty of bass, but obviously better when just doing the panels.
Detail, clarity etc (everything you look for) is really, really good. I have not had a lot of experience with higher end audio, but I am really, really impressed.
The SL3 seem to show all of the flaws in the components down stream and so far I have found few flaws with the Mingda.
I am very, very happy with the direction my system is going and give the Mingda a 2 thumbs up.

I took some pics but can't seem to find the cable to my desktop computer. I am sure the stock pictures on the 'net are better then I took anyway, so here are a few of those. One thing that is hard to discern is just how big this thing is. Total weight is 80 pounds and it will not fit where I thought it was going to put it, it is too long, so temp. sitting it sideways. I guess I never paid attention to the dimensions as it really surprised me. This is no lil amp.
Some of the better pics from around the web -
mc34ab-01.jpg

Ming_DA_MC34AB_Cover_Off.JPG

mc34ab-03.jpg

Back