Material for Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUB SRT

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to do a little room treatment. Was going to make panels to go behind me ML sources. They sit way to close to the wall and have to keep it that way:(

I move around a lot so what to make something I could hang behind them... Was thinking of taking some wood and wrapping it in something, but didn't know of what material or if "my way" of wanting to do this would be effective at all...

My brother has this hanging in his room... The design would be simular. Hanging down from a single point. This is a just a pcs of art he has... Im not going to take this and place it behind my speakers. Just going to mock the idea of the design and make it bigger.

2011-05-07_15-24-49_716.jpg

Any thoughts and advice would be great:)

Hi. I successfully tried and now use "gym mats" that gyms put on the floor to place weights on. They are 24" X 24" X 3/4" thick flat foam (black) pieces that interlock with other mats. There are many types (hard rubber, soft rubber, foam, etc) but go for the soft open cell version, they work the best. I've tried as few a 1 and as many as 4 attached together but it seems that the single panel works fine. You can even frame it so it looks more stylish. I only place it behind the woofer box and not behind the ESL panel. They can be purchased for about $15/box of 3 and found in different colors. They sell at most sporting goods stores but I found mine at Grossman's Bargain Outlet for $2 each.

I hope this helps.

Back