martin logan vantage or electromotion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also debating which to get: the Vantage or ElectroMotion.

If they were the same price or within $100, which is better value. Most of the used Vantage are around 5 years old, is age an issue with the Vantage vs newly made ElectroMotion? Does the built-in amp in the Vantage make it wear out quicker since more electronics are inside per say. Just something I'm pondering about.

Last edited:
I asked this question of melody at ml today. Only 2 Vantages have had problems out of all they have sold over all the time they have been ion production.

Seems to be very reliable system

Hello,
I truly think that the Vantage is in another league than the EM-ESL as well it should be given its MSRP is almost triple the price. I realize that they are close in price if you buy used Vantages, but you do lose out on the 5 Year Warranty.

With the Vantages having 200 Watt ICE Amplifiers to drive the Woofers, it makes it easier to drive and to achieve higher SPL's;.
JJ

I don't think the issue is EM-ESL vs Vantage....it's more used vs new.

Clearly the Vantage must be a better speaker than the EM-ESL. ML places the Vantage at $5,695 a pair (retail) and the EM-ESL at $1,995 a pair. There must be a reason for such a drastic price difference. If both were free, I think everybody would choose the Vantage, just because it's supposed to be better.

To prove no bias (as I happen to own the Vantage)...
The same could be said for used Summit vs Vantage...no matter how good the Vantage is, as has been stated recently.... for free...I'd take the used Summit. No brainer here :).

Same question could be for new Porsche vs used Porsche Turbo, and many other products.

What you should be asking yourself is if you can live with used, and no warrantee?

Just picked up electromotions yesterday and been busy breaking them in. Bridged my five channel amp to run in two channel mono and I noticed a difference right away. More improvement in clarity. I know I need 72hours for speakers to sound their best. What I am hearing at the moment is very good. My next upgrade is going to be a summit, but not anytime soon.

Just picked up electromotions yesterday and been busy breaking them in. Bridged my five channel amp to run in two channel mono and I noticed a difference right away. More improvement in clarity. I know I need 72hours for speakers to sound their best. What I am hearing at the moment is very good. My next upgrade is going to be a summit, but not anytime soon.

Hello,
I really think 72 Hours is a tad optimistic as with both my Aerius i's and 5.1 Setup took weeks to truly sound their best. Though it has been argued that Break In is a myth and is rather the Listener becoming acclimated to the Speakers, I really do not believe that to be the case.

The EM's are an awesome Speaker and I really think it is going to bring in many new MartinLogan Owners. It also makes for a very cost effective Surround Speaker for those with Vistas, Vantages, Spires, Summits, and CLX's.
Cheers,
JJ

Back