Martin Logan System featured on IGN Ultimate Setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice system... we have several here who would compete with that set up and even beyond. Nice system no doubt about it!

:D

Very nice but...... I'd take Waynes (The WB) system/room first.

Last edited:
That's a nice system... we have several here who would compete with that set up and even beyond. Nice system no doubt about it!

:D

Oh believe me....I know my setup is low-end compared to many/most on here. Just posting since the MLs got some props and I thought other ML owners would be interested to know.

Oh believe me....I know my setup is low-end compared to many/most on here. Just posting since the MLs got some props and I thought other ML owners would be interested to know.

I personally would like to see Frank's system on IGN... nothing like a pair of Statement e2s to play Halo 3 with.

But nice nice system KCWolf! Much better than mine overall!

The left speaker is 6 inches from the wall, the right speaker almost gets knocked over when the door opens, and they are too far apart.

Nice to see them, but the room placement needs work in my opinion.

Oh, and that flat panel TV should be set back against the wall and covered with a quilt or heavy blanket for serious two channel listening.

Last edited:
Kruppy - how does the center channel sound where it is located... Have you listened to the stage at any point? Curious to the sound diffs between the cinema and the stage given the concave nature of both... thx. tim.

Timm,
That's not my system in my post. I recognized the picture in the IGN's Ultimate Setup link as KCWolfpck's system post on this site. I was just trying to be a smarty...

I do own a Cinema, however, I have not heard any other ML center channels. :eek:

The left speaker is 6 inches from the wall, the right speaker almost gets knocked over when the door opens, and they are too far apart.

Oh, and that flat panel TV should be set back against the wall and covered with a quilt or heavy blanket for serious two channel listening.

Kach,

The left speaker is 13 inches from the wall and the right speaker is 22 inches from the closest point of where the door can get to it...nobody runs into it when entering the door; there's still not a scratch on it.

I'll admit that the speakers are a little far apart, but given the constraints of the room, I feel I've done what I can. I certainly would be open to any suggestions you may have since you obviously have an opinion about how I should properly set it up.

As far as pushing the TV back and covering it with a blanket for 2 channel listening.....that's just anally retarded. You may be right and that may be something you'd do.....but no thank you.

Kach,

As far as pushing the TV back and covering it with a blanket for 2 channel listening.....that's just anally retarded. You may be right and that may be something you'd do.....but no thank you.

I think you just insulted 70% of the forum... :)

I'll admit that the speakers are a little far apart, but given the constraints of the room, I feel I've done what I can. I certainly would be open to any suggestions you may have since you obviously have an opinion about how I should properly set it up.

I totally agree with you KC. For most of us, our audio spaces are also living spaces and we do the best we can with the constraints of the room. But I am very glad I have a room for :music: and that I can even own the system I currently have.

I would love to be able to own a two channel setup in a dedicated room, and then a HT setup in another dedicated room. Guess I need to check my Powerball ticket to see if this is possible today :D

BTW, you did not insult me at all, as I am also one of those with a TV in the middle. No choice, living space, life goes on.

Yeah, and to further what Dan said, I have to deal with an 'office enviroment' in the back of my room. So yes, most of us do have to make compromises, but one thing this group has shown me is the ability to overcome !!

Very nice but...... I'd take Waynes (The WB) system/room first.
Don't know how I missed this thread.
Dave, Thanks for the kind words.
When in Chicago your always welcome to stop in for a listen.
I totally agree with you KC. For most of us, our audio spaces are also living spaces and we do the best we can with the constraints of the room. But I am very glad I have a room for :music: and that I can even own the system I currently have.
Dan, same here, There are tons of forumn members here who have higher end ML's than me as well as much better electronics driving their ML's, I feel very lucky to have my own room. I lust for a pair of Summits, but am happy with and enjoy what I have.

BTW, you did not insult me at all, as I am also one of those with a TV in the middle. No choice, living space, life goes on.

Tv in the middle here as well. I've experimented taking out the Tv and was not able to improve the sound to drastically, Soundstage much deeper without the Tv in the middle and the sweet spot becomes much larger where three people can sit in the sweet spot instead of just one. But hell I put the room together for my enjoyment, so only one sweet spot needed.:D

Last edited:

kach....just for you, I've made some changes.

1) I got rid of the TV between the main speakers
2) I got rid of the audio rack
3) I brought my main speakers in closer together
4) I got a new center channel speaker (Stage)
5) I painted so I no longer have white walls

I will soon have a front projector set-up (screen comes today, pj tomorrow).

Here is the new placement:

CIMG1189.jpg

Last edited:
Kach,

1. The left speaker is 13 inches from the wall and the right speaker is 22 inches from the closest point of where the door can get to it...nobody runs into it when entering the door; there's still not a scratch on it.

2. I'll admit that the speakers are a little far apart, but given the constraints of the room, I feel I've done what I can. I certainly would be open to any suggestions you may have since you obviously have an opinion about how I should properly set it up.

3. As far as pushing the TV back and covering it with a blanket for 2 channel listening.....that's just anally retarded. You may be right and that may be something you'd do.....but no thank you.

1B. 13"? Are you measuring from the center of the speakers? The perspective is hard to judge, I'll take your word for it. My left is speaker less than two feet from the side wall and about a foot from the corner of a bookcase near it. I understand the room you live in is the one you live with concept. Your right speaker is about eight inches from the "line" of the door. Sounds like you measured from the arc of the door. Unless you start knocking it over I don't see a problem. My wife has smashed in her toes on the sand filled speaker bases I made many times over. The right speaker is not very near the door but the "path" to upstairs is. In retrospect perhaps I should have black and yellow stripes on the protruding bases.

2B. My speakers are too darn close together, only about six feet (great center stage though). We all have our own cross to bear. Somehow we learn to deal with it.

3B. Anally retarded? You don't know the half of it, the stories I could tell.:D

EDIT:
The new layout looks nice.

FYI: Some others in your situation have built a box frame out of 1x4's and filled the middle part with some kind of absorbtion material (foam or fiberglass) and covered it with a poster or silk screen of their favorite art. Of course placement would be centered between the speakers on the wall, and if possible low enough to be at your ear height and high enough to help out with any ceiling to wall interface.

Last edited:
Kach,

That 13" was from the wall to the side of the panel closest to the wall. Now that I've moved the speakers closer to the middle of the room...that distance is now 19".

Back