Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Logan ~ Monoliths...

I'd rather see pic's of the ML's :p :p
Huey,

You are quite correct. :p Monoliths are beautiful ML speakers... :D

Attachments

• monolith.jpg
    monolith.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,356
Has anyone seen the "new" "The Italian Job" recently?

At the end, Seth Green has some speakers that are so loud they'll "blow women's clothes off" :D

Anyway, they look like Prodigys or Odysseys and something else. Definitely MLs. There are three in a row and it looks like two smaller ones (like Ascent i) and a Prodigy in the middle (odd I know).

Anyway, I was curious if anyone had seen it.

It would make quite the T-Shirt slogan though ... ;)

I'm not sure how the photo looks, but it's appears to be a pair of Aerius on either side of a single Monolith. There's smaller speakers on either side of the Aerius but I can't tell what they are.

Attachments

• cap001.jpg
    cap001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,272
Summit Beauty Floating on the Water...

:p This Summit is kinda like "Smoke On The Water"... :D Sorry Deep Purple...

Attachments

• Summit on the Water.jpg
    Summit on the Water.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,175
Last edited:
:p This Summit is kinda like "Smoke On The Water"... :D Sorry Doobie Bros.

"Smoke on the Water" was the Doobies? I thought it was someone else...like Deep Purple or something like that... Shows what I know about 70's music... Now 80's music, I got that down, lived through that! LOVE IT! Big Hair bands and all! Wife and I watched the VH1 classics Top 100 Hits of the 80's! Nearly made us cry...we both have such fond memories of our days in High School, College and just getting our careers started and getting married... Ah... :rocker:

"Smoke on the Water" was the Doobies? I thought it was someone else...like Deep Purple or something like that... Shows what I know about 70's music... Now 80's music, I got that down, lived through that! LOVE IT! Big Hair bands and all! Wife and I watched the VH1 classics Top 100 Hits of the 80's! Nearly made us cry...we both have such fond memories of our days in High School, College and just getting our careers started and getting married... Ah... :rocker:

Nah, you're right it was Deep Purple. They were also known to be the loudest rock band touring. At some concerts they'd have a digital db meter just so you'd know just how deaf you were going! :rocker:

At some concerts they'd have a digital db meter just so you'd know just how deaf you were going! :rocker:

LOL! That is funny! I can't even imagine that. I went to a Kiss concert back in '98 or '99 or '00, I can't remember...it was the tour w/ all the original members in full make-up and my ears rang for three days after that! I am sure that was not NEARLY as loud as some of these bands (The Who comes to mind also) were playing back in the '70's!

LOL! That is funny! I can't even imagine that. I went to a Kiss concert back in '98 or '99 or '00, I can't remember...it was the tour w/ all the original members in full make-up and my ears rang for three days after that! I am sure that was not NEARLY as loud as some of these bands (The Who comes to mind also) were playing back in the '70's!

It was stupid loud; however, we thought it was cool back then. No idea we could be doing permanent damage to our ears! :duh:

:rocker: :rocker: Well I saw the Pixies here in Holland a few years back. Well my ears didn't ring for days.. but they still rang the morning after..I don't wanna go thru THAT again :D

Your Quite Right....

James,

Sorry..., Yes it was Deep Purple. :music:

I shall change my pervious post.

:D Thank you.

ML Speakers Would Be Very Cool In Your System....

My system with Audio Physic Tempo, soon to be ML...I hope;)
Mr Swede,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D

Yes, I agree your system would be marvelous with ML's... :music: Which ML speakers are you considering? Vantages or Summits or the 'Once and Future' ~ CLX speakers?

Attachments

• Vantage System.jpg
    Vantage System.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Summit System.jpg
    Summit System.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,544
  • CLX Speakers.jpg
    CLX Speakers.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,573
If I´m lucky...

Vantage, or if I get real lucky the Summit´s...but they are much more
expensive here in Sweden then in the US...:mad:

ML demo next week

A ML-dealer will performe a demo at my place next week, it will be
the Vista model, after som dialog on witch model that would performe
best in my rather small room, we decided to stárt with the Vistas....

Just replaced my Shanling CDP for a Hegel CDPA Mk II, and that was a
big improvment...soo I cant wait to hear the ML sing....

Vista + Hegel....

Mr Swede

:D Vista are very cool ML speakers... :music:

;) I'll have to check-out your new Hegel CDPA Mk II, CD player on-line. It seems interesting... :)

Attachments

• ML Vista.jpg
    ML Vista.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Hegel CD Player.jpg
    Hegel CD Player.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,404
Robin! There you are, oh gracious one. You have been missed! There's even a thread over in the off-topic section wondering where your are! :D

A picture from the demo

DSC00695.jpg

The Vistas performed great in my room!!
Anybody need some AP Tempo´s??;)

Thank you

Robin! There you are, oh gracious one. You have been missed! There's even a thread over in the off-topic section wondering where your are! :D
kcl,

Thank you for the kind words. :)
Yes, I am doing very well. Enjoying my ML speakers even more than ever. I just really appreciate their beautiful sound qualities even more lately. :music: especially for vocal and musical instrument tones. ML speakers are simply awesome, as I am sure you would agree.

I will always keep coming back to my favorite Internet site. I love that you and the other guys care. It's wonderful to know that I'm part of an extended family, with soooo much in common. :D

Thanks again... :)

DSC00695.jpg

The Vistas performed great in my room!!
Anybody need some AP Tempo´s??;)

Swede,

If you tilt the Vantages forward, the imaging snaps in place. You can do this by leaving the spikes in the back while removing the spikes in the front (or getting taller spikes for the rear and leaving the stock spikes in the front).

It may seem like a stupid tweak, but it's worth the trouble.

Latest posts

Back