Martin Logan Summit. Prodigy/Odyssey replacement. EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy am I glad I bought Prodigy's before they were discontinued. It hasn't taken very long to get completely sick of the Ikea look, and these speakers reek of it. I do hope they sound unbelievably good so that ML can make enough money to come out with some that are less divisive in their appeal.

I use to feel the same way about Dynaudio's new Contour speakers. That is until I saw and more importantly heard them in person. The same with the new ML,I am sure all the "I don't like it",comments will change once they see it (instead of a picture,and in more colors) and more importantly listen to it.

New info from the Martin Logan It's coming page.

The New Summit™

Specifications*

Frequency Response: 24-23,000 Hz ± 3dB
Horizontal Dispersion: 30 degrees
Vertical Dispersion: 44” (112cm) line source
Sensitivity: 92 dB/2.83 volts/meter
Impedance: 4 ohms, 0.7 ohm at 20kHz
Crossover Frequency: 270 Hz
Components: Custom wound audio transformers, polypropylene capacitors, air core coils
Woofer Type: Two x 10” (25.4cm) (per channel) cast basket, high excursion, aluminum cone with extended throw driver assembly, non-resonant chamber format
Woofer Amp Power: 2 x 200 watts/channel (4 ohms)
Bass Controls: ±10dB at 50Hz
±10dB at 25Hz
Other Controls: Light intensity dimmer control
Recommended Power: 100–300 watts/channel
Signal Inputs: Custom bi-wire binding posts
Mains Idle Power Draw: 10W
Mains Max Power Draw: 250W
Weight: 75 lbs/each (34kg)
Dimensions: 59” H x 12.5” W x 20.5” D
(150 x 32 x 52cm)

*Preliminary specifications—subject to change.

longhorn said:
I use to feel the same way about Dynaudio's new Contour speakers. That is until I saw and more importantly heard them in person. The same with the new ML,I am sure all the "I don't like it",comments will change once they see it (instead of a picture,and in more colors) and more importantly listen to it.

Unless you have a dedicated listening room, and even if you do for some of us, the aesthetics of a speaker are, almost, as important as the sound. The B&W Nautilus sound amazing, unfortunately you still have to look at them. IMHO the Summit is one freakin' ugly speaker. As someone who builds furniture (see the jewelry box below) as a hobby, the Summit has that, for lack of a better analogy, IKEA look. Will they come knocked down?

Attachments

• jbox.jpg
    jbox.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
risabet said:
Unless you have a dedicated listening room, and even if you do for some of us, the aesthetics of a speaker are, almost, as important as the sound. The B&W Nautilus sound amazing, unfortunately you still have to look at them. IMHO the Summit is one freakin' ugly speaker. As someone who builds furniture (see the jewelry box below) as a hobby, the Summit has that, for lack of a better analogy, IKEA look. Will they come knocked down?

To each his own I guess. :confused: I strongly perfer the looks of the summit over the jewelry box. BTW, there are many other brands of Scandanavian/European style furniture that have a high build quality. Personally, I love the clean, uncluttered looks of that style.

B.T.W., they could have gone for the maggie look which seems to modelled after a cubicle.

woods avalible is
Base:
Black Ash
Natural Cherry
Dark Cherry
Maple

Exotic:
Birdseye Maple
Bubinga
Wenge

BASE PRICE 9995. OPTIONAL METAL: CLEAR ANODIZED ALUMINUM 500
4995 FOR OPTIONAL EXOTIC METAL: CHROME, BLACK CHROME
700 FOR EXOTIC WOODS

Don't know if this info was on here before. so, sorry if it's repost.

Peter

Last edited:
Also for those of you that have not seen it yet, our Webmaster TomDac has posted the Official press release for the ML Summit’s on the main page under “Press Releases, Reviews & Articles”

The ML Summit pictured in the press release looks like it has a natural cherry finish.

XStat™ Transducer • AirFrame™ • High-Resolution PoweredForce™ Woofers • 25 & 50Hz Level Control • Ultimate Crossover Engineering

$9,995 US Retail — Base Metal: Black Aluminum & Base Wood: Black Oak, Natural Cherry, Dark Cherry, Maple

Forget the aesthetics, look at the weight! 75 lbs. each!!! :eek: :eek:

That's got to be a typo right?

ICEpower and ML

Hello from Denmark.
What about ICEpower (power Amp) in the future??? Some people talk about it - ICEpower will be in some of the new ML products - or what.

Kind regards
JT

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any photos (or have anymore info) on the Stage? I amkeen to see what the speaker is going to look like!
Thanks
Marc.

Does anyone know where you can go online to preview ML magazine ads. There is one that I saw where it says, "It's coming." Then there is a scerene woodsy scene and off in the background you can see this new speaker. Will I be able to find this online?

Thanks

rynopr said:
Does anyone know where you can go online to preview ML magazine ads. There is one that I saw where it says, "It's coming." Then there is a scerene woodsy scene and off in the background you can see this new speaker. Will I be able to find this online?

Thanks

You could try e-mailing Martin Logan requesting a copy of the add.

When you say "this new speaker" which speaker are you referring too? summit or stage? I too can't wait to get a look at the new Stage speaker.

The Summit is the one featured in the ad. I have not seen the stage yet.

Has anyone got anymore news regarding the Stage - I have not seen or heard recently?

Cheers
Marc.

I checked with my local Dealer recently, to see if they had any info on the Stage. There reply was Martin Logan Stage? :confused:

The only info available that I know of is what was posted on http://www.martinlogan.com/itscoming/Stage.asp

Now that the Summit has been released and is hitting dealers, I would think Martin Logan would start focusing on the release of the Stage Center channel. We should see some new info soon, I hope.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update - lets hope we will start to hear about it soon...
Marc.

Back