Martin Logan Montage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
I bought a pair of these yesterday. Was this a good purchase for ht and I listen to music dvd's (Clapton, Stevie Ray, Bonamassa) ? I paid $800 for the pair. I also bought the Abyss sub. Soon I will purchase the Vignette for the center. My previous speakers were Bostons/Polk. The sound stage these produce seem very open and clean/more realistic than my previous speakers.

Mark B,

Good deal on the Montage speakers. Yes, they will blow the Bostons/Polks away. Very musical.

I had the dynamo sub with the Montage speakers and cranked everything from Allman Brothers to Frank Zappa.

Be careful though, you might become addicted to the Martin Logan sound. I know, It happened to me. I now own a pair of Vistas and I'm ordering a Depth i today and, and, and...

Enjoy!
Satch

Mark B,

Be careful though, you might become addicted to the Martin Logan sound. I know, It happened to me. I now own a pair of Vistas and I'm ordering a Depth i today and, and, and...

Enjoy!
Satch

LOL!

This is what happened to me!

I have always wanted some ML's.

I was going to get a pair of Sources that changed to wanting Puritys, luckily, I found got a good deal on some Vistas instead.

To the OP, that is a GREAT deal on those Montages.

ENJOY!

Later

Last edited:
So you are telling me this is just the begining. Maybe I should have just started with the Summits and Descent and saved myself all the hassle. How much do those cost ??? And miss all the fun in between; no way. Right now I am loving the Montage/Abyss. I know many might not remember what that was like way back then :) I am looking forward to exploring these speakers.

So you are telling me this is just the begining. Maybe I should have just started with the Summits and Descent and saved myself all the hassle. How much do those cost ??? And miss all the fun in between; no way. Right now I am loving the Montage/Abyss. I know many might not remember what that was like way back then :) I am looking forward to exploring these speakers.

It's the beginning. My first ML speakers were the Mosaics (from the same family as the Montage)... then the Vantage.... then the Summits.

Save yourself some cashola and start with the Summits, I always say! :)

Back