Martin Logan CLX Hi-Fi+ 2008 Awards Clear Winner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super articulate, definitely, super deep, not in my room, but perhaps in a smaller room. However, with a Descent i, phenomenal combination!

enjoy!

I had wondered about the viability of these speakers in a smaller room as there are quite a few Soundlab A1 type setups in smaller rooms. We ran Monoliths in a 5m by 4m room at one stage with good sound. Giant headphone stuff. Potentially CLX not out of the question. I have heard the 2905 Quad run succesfully in a small room too.

Any chance of you having a play in a smaller room for your review of the CLX.

Kevin

I had wondered about the viability of these speakers in a smaller room as there are quite a few Soundlab A1 type setups in smaller rooms. We ran Monoliths in a 5m by 4m room at one stage with good sound. Giant headphone stuff. Potentially CLX not out of the question. I have heard the 2905 Quad run succesfully in a small room too.

Any chance of you having a play in a smaller room for your review of the CLX.

Kevin

No, because we are on deadline for the review, and my smaller room is too small (11 x 17 feet) I've got a pair of Purity's there! With the rainy season upon us, I really don't want to move these again in the rain.

However, I did try them on my short wall and got more bass at the expense of super wide imaging. The bass that is there is very detailed, much like the Magnepan 3.6, that type of character. Also, similar to what I remember of the CLS. Going to hear a pair soon to refresh my memory and then I can make a more accurate comparison...

I'm going to be trying these speakers with every amp we can get our hands on.[/QUOTE]

I suggest a pair of Moscode 402au. I hope to to have a pair before the year is out. "God willing and the creek don't rise"
Greg

Latest posts

Back