Martin Logan Box speaker?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ls35a

Reaction score
In the Stereophile CES coverage they have a blurb about Martin Logan. There's a pic of three ML Electrostats next to a box speaker similar in design and size to an LS3/5A.

So what is that speaker? Something new from ML?

011411MartinLogan-600.jpg

Yes.

Everything you need to know about it is located in a thread further below yours:

ML at CES

I read that thread and didn't see anything about the Box speaker I was referring to. Not a model number, description, zip.

Here's a link describing the new FX2 and C2, complete with pictures. They are in the 'Motion' series and do not look anything like the box speaker in this picture. So, no name, no model, no specs, no idea. What is a 12" by 7.5" box speaker doing in this picture? No one knows apparently.

http://www.martinlogan.com/news/pr/2011/01/06/electromotion-c2-fx2

Last edited:
I read that thread and didn't see anything about the Box speaker I was referring to. Not a model number, description, zip.

Here's a link describing the new FX2 and C2, complete with pictures. They are in the 'Motion' series and do not look anything like the box speaker in this picture. So, no name, no model, no specs, no idea. What is a 12" by 7.5" box speaker doing in this picture? No one knows apparently.

http://www.martinlogan.com/news/pr/2011/01/06/electromotion-c2-fx2

it's their new Motion LX16... http://www.martinlogan.com/news/pr/2011/01/06/motionlx

Last edited:
Fascinating. Thanks for the link. I could not find it anywhere on the ML site, not products, not news, nowhere.

So ML figured out some people might be interested in a Motion Speaker that doesn't have plastic looking boxes and 1975 era binding posts. Good for them. I'll look forward to hearing a pair.

Fascinating. Thanks for the link. I could not find it anywhere on the ML site, not products, not news, nowhere.

So ML figured out some people might be interested in a Motion Speaker that doesn't have plastic looking boxes and 1975 era binding posts. Good for them. I'll look forward to hearing a pair.

I feel the same way about the motion 2/4 design aesthetics: blech

ML Rear Surround Speaker suggestions?

So I just puchased the new Motions pair for about $500 pair to complete my new ML 5 ch with Puritys and Matinee R/C/L upfront. I was disappointed in the the Motions are no where in the quality of sound to match the ML config. They are Plastic and I needed a bookshelf type size. Anyone have ideas on this...the only time they do their job is in the THX theater mode but not a stand out. I am driving them with plenty of power from Pioneer SC27 Receiver. >?

So I just puchased the new Motions pair for about $500 pair to complete my new ML 5 ch with Puritys and Matinee R/C/L upfront. I was disappointed in the the Motions are no where in the quality of sound to match the ML config. They are Plastic and I needed a bookshelf type size. Anyone have ideas on this...the only time they do their job is in the THX theater mode but not a stand out. I am driving them with plenty of power from Pioneer SC27 Receiver. >?

You need fresco i with the mids and high all comin through the magnetics

fresco i suggestion

I want to correct myself in that my center channel is fresco i and I would happily add a pair for the rears. Is that then the best match? I guess discontinued but available

Back