Mark Levinson with Martin Logan?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODYSSEY

Reaction score
Has anyone heard a Mark Levinson 23 with Martin Logan speakers? I have someone trying to sell me a ML 23 for 1700. I have a pair of ML Odyssey speakers and other ML's too that I currently am driving with a Emotiva LPA-1. Is the upgrade to the 23 worth it?

Thanks

In a heartbeat!!

The Levinson No. 23 is in a different league when compared with the Emotiva! It even holds its own when compared with most modern amplifiers. Tight, thunderous bass due to its vise-grip on the woofers. Smooth, grain-free mids and highs, with a presentation which is a bit more forward. Think of the performers to be placed closer to your listening position, instead of recessed back into the walls. The Levinson will be an excellent match with the Odysseys.

I agree that the Levinson is in a totally different league. My only reservation would be due to it's age. Caps may be drying out, and any repair on Mark Levinson equipment is costly. Also, note there are no RCA connections on Mark Levinson Amps, just Camac and XLR, but that's not a big problem. I used to use a nice pair of Cardas XLR-RCA adapters with mine.

Back