Mark Knopfler show

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlin

Reaction score
Last Tuesday I had the pleasure of seeing Mark Knopfler for the first time.
I have been wanting to see him for years. In fact the last couple of years I was in the dog house with my wife because I failed to get tickets in time for the last time he was in town. I waited till I get off work and they were already sold out. I wasn't going to pay scalpers prices for seats.

In my opinion he is one of the greatest musicians of our time. He is not the flashiest nor the fastest picker around but man does he have taste and soul.

He played a good assortment of old Dire Straits stuff and solo tunes.
It was billed as the "Kill to Get Crimson Tour" but he did surprisingly few tunes from his latest album. It is an excellent album by the way.
He did a couple of my favorites, Romeo and Juliet brought me to tears and Brothers in Arms was choice. The sound was excellent and he had the band he used in "Real Live Road Running" with the exception of Stuart Duncan on fiddle.

If anyone has the chance to go I would encourage it, we had a great time. My son and daughter went also and enjoyed it as well.

This was our family show for the year, we have tried to include them in the bigger shows we have gone to over the years. They have both seen Clapton, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, Emmylou Hrris and many others. It is our family thing. It has paid off as they both have excellent taste in music and are both musicians themselves.

Mark Knopfler Show

marlin Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. I'm going next Thursday in Toronto. Can't wait!!! D.R.
" Been thinkin bout the lions tonight"

Latest posts

Back