Marantz UD5005 vs. Oppo 93

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanD

Reaction score
Now I am really torn between the two. I think I am more so leaning toward the Marantz but I do like the Oppo players. I do own other Marantz equipment, so that is a small factor for me.

I am just looking for opinions, and reasons for said opinions. Both players are the same price so that isn't a factor, I am just doing the research before I pull any trigger.

The Blu-ray player will probably be the last thing I upgrade in my system, but I had a friend who said he doesn't really think it matters unless I decide to use the DAC in either player, in that case he said Oppo.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Though the Marantz might have better analog sound quality than the Oppo 93 (maybe), i'd choose the 93 for the extensive DLNA features and superb and responsive customer support. And oh ... the insanely active forum on AVS and seemingly endless awards from reviewers doesn't hurt either:D.

What if I dont care about DNLA and I care about Airplay? Marantz has Airplay, maybe not in that player (not sure) but nonetheless Marantz has Airplay haha.

I dont know I am sure the Oppo is fantastic, well I know it is there is just something holding me back.

I have used the Marantz UD9004 for the last year and did have the Denon A1UD top of the line. I found picture the same but could watch and enjoy films longer with the Marantz due to the sound. Never heard an Oppo so cannot compare.

Back