Manditory first post.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindsorFox

Reaction score
Well I just reged and am looking at the possibility of getting a pair of MLs. Ten years ago I'd have never thought I'd be looking at electrostats, but I've been listening and maybe my taste is changing. I listened to the Summit, Vantage and CLS and have decided I'm part of the group that likes the sound of the older models better. I'm looking at either the ReQuest or the Prodigy. I like the price of the ReQuest a lot, but I'm inclined to think my ears will prefer the Prodigy, I also have a fairly large room. Anyway this is actually a subject for elsewhere, I'm just making a mandatory first hiya post. :D

Welcome and hope to be welcoming you to "full" status soon!

Unfortunately can't offer any advice - of course, just buy what you think sounds best!

Welcome aboard!

I just sent you your first PM to go along with your first post.

Is your choice dependent on your current amp?

What's your system now?

CD only or is there any vinyl?

Welcome to the Club. I recommend you go with the Prodigies if you can and never look back. You will love them. They are one of the best ML speakers ever made in my opinion, and sound incredible in a large room with good electronics. Remember, you will probably keep these speakers for a long, long time. So get the best you can afford. Happy Listening!

Although I do like the Prodigies ! The Quest can be tweaked to the neens and made to sound much better than you think! The best part you can find them for under $1500 if you are patient.

The best thing is they have a swittch for tru bi amping if you want, Or .......If you want to go active Xover with out the pasive x over , you just re arainge the wiring inside the x over. then you can run any external x over you want, Bryston, Krell, Berengher ...........That alows you to modify the woofer for better sound. I am in this process. NOW !

Is your choice dependent on your current amp?

What's your system now?

CD only or is there any vinyl?

I've only just started looking and still gathering info. I'm still unsure if the ReQuest and Prodigy have the powered subs like the newer ones do. If so then I will use my Bryston 4b and if not I will use it and my Carver M1.5t. Either way I'll be selling two pairs of Mirage speakers and a Carver M500t. I also have some other old stuff, a Kenwood preamp, Altec speakers, Phase Linear amps and preamp that I'll be getting rid of (if possible) to help replenish the savings account after this purchase :p Oh and as of now I only play CDs and open reel tapes. Yes, reel to reel tapes...

I have the Summits but I can also appreciate the sound of the older models. The Prodigies are a pair that I've lusted after but never owned. If you have the room (there large) and plan to have beefy amps (they like a little power) then they are one of the best buys going in a speaker today. At least the Prodigies have some serious bass capacity and are the best looking and most manly of all the speakers.

Welcome to the club and feel free to jab us one in a while. I enjoy reading a good flaming brawl once in a while but I usually stay out of the middle::cool:.

Back