Making lemonade from lemons, or at least CLS stands...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah...Marriage isn't a word... it's a sentence

Check out the latest post I just made in the Joke of the Day thread, you might apprieciate it Zaphoud

its not a sentence..........It a institution......... no one wants to be institutionalized.............

OK Honey Ill be right there..........lol

hey, i'm blindingly happy about where i'm going :) i took a 9 year dry run at this before and learned a lot - about myself as much as who i choose to share my life with.

second time feels so much better.

what was it that Maxwell Smart would say? " ... annnnnnnnd loving it!"

hey, i'm blindingly happy about where i'm going :) i took a 9 year dry run at this before and learned a lot - about myself as much as who i choose to share my life with.

I'm actually a happily committed guy myself (no pun intended), just poking a little fun at the institution. You know - sentence, as in 10 to life!

yeah, i used to think that marriage was a horrible thing to do TO the person you love. and my zen marriage question went like this:

Q: honey, could you look at these colour swatches?
A: the piano is fine where we already have it

good thing i matured or i'd still be listening to Logans by myself :)

Congrats and all the best D.R.

more pix

in copious amounts of spare time i've played a bit with the design that i lided the best. here are three variants of "the floater". i'm also wondering about using cable for the support instead of a more solid brace. i'm thinking that a cable, tightened with a turnbuckle would keep the frame sprung against the attachment point at the bottom of the frame and thus keep it from moving.

Attachments

• fs.jpg
    fs.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 95
Looks good. B and C appear to be more compact with a lower profile. I like that. How high off the ground would these stands raise the speakers? A stand 6-8" seems about right for a CLS stand unless you have a large room.

A good quality turnbuckle cable system would look more elegant. Especially, if you can find the stainless steel kind. A boating supply store or custom auto speed shop would have nice cable systems.

I have stainless steel turn buckles and I looked into that. What the killer is, the swaying of the panels. What a cable will do is hold the panel tight one way but will allow the cable to flex and shorten the other way . NOW what did you create a better way to catch the mouse !

I have stainless steel turn buckles and I looked into that. What the killer is, the swaying of the panels. What a cable will do is hold the panel tight one way but will allow the cable to flex and shorten the other way . NOW what did you create a better way to catch the mouse !

if you tighten up the cable so that the frame is pulling against it, then the frame should not flex toward the cable being prevented by that tension. and it won't flex away from the cable, the cable will prevent that.

there should be some balance between too much tension (bend/hurt/snap the frame :)) and not enough to stop the sway.

Looks good. B and C appear to be more compact with a lower profile. I like that. How high off the ground would these stands raise the speakers? A stand 6-8" seems about right for a CLS stand unless you have a large room.

all three are designed at raising the CLS 8", but B and C have the advantage of changing that easily in the build stage by lengthening or shortening the supports. changing the height in "A" would require adjust more of the pieces.

Latest posts

Back