Lyra delos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Fish.....congrats on the new 'groove tracker'...may it give you many years of musical bliss !!

this cartridge is like a sports car just give it some good road and it just takes off! it seems to show so much control over the sound where my ortofon would often get a little loose around the turns this baby handles the highs and lows with style and speed. after listening to only the break in it seems that I never noticed how my Ortofon seem to shout at me it was a good cartridge but it had a bit of billy mays in its midrange :rolleyes: some people may like this but I am not shure it was always to my liking.

this cartridge is like a sports car just give it some good road and it just takes off! it seems to show so much control over the sound where my ortofon would often get a little loose around the turns this baby handles the highs and lows with style and speed. after listening to only the break in it seems that I never noticed how my Ortofon seem to shout at me it was a good cartridge but it had a bit of billy mays in its midrange :rolleyes: some people may like this but I am not shure it was always to my liking.

More interestingly I find different discs sound better on different cartridge/ table combinations. I have two setups....one high end and one low, both connected to the same system and serving differring purposes.

The high end is an Oracle Delphi with SME iV arm with a Lyra Argo i and a Rega IOS phono pre. This is an extremly well balanced setup that brings out the best in well produced and well manufactured LPs. The "low end" which I am putting in quotes because many people wouldn't consider it low end at all is a Audio Technica direct drive TT with an Ortophone 2M Blue Cartridge and a Lehmann BlacK cube SE phono pre. It seems to bring out the best in some older recordings that are a bit bass and midbass shy as well as those contemporary ones that lack dynamics: read that "overequalized".

Last edited:
Hi there FISH_MAN, I sure hope this doesn't fall under the heading of promoting our company. If so, not my intent and apologies to all. I was just wondering if I could talk to you a little about your experiences with our new Delos. Customer feedback is always good, een when it's bad...to learn from. If you want to, please feel free to call me at Immedia at your convenience. Enjoy the Music!

Hi there FISH_MAN, I sure hope this doesn't fall under the heading of promoting our company. If so, not my intent and apologies to all. Enjoy the Music!

You are welcome here regardless. Most of us are pretty good at determining what is "promoting" and what is sincere intrest in customer satisfaction. You seem to fall in the latter category.

Hi there FISH_MAN, I sure hope this doesn't fall under the heading of promoting our company. If so, not my intent and apologies to all. I was just wondering if I could talk to you a little about your experiences with our new Delos. Customer feedback is always good, een when it's bad...to learn from. If you want to, please feel free to call me at Immedia at your convenience. Enjoy the Music!

I will take you up on that offer early next week as I will have had more time with your cartridge please private message me with your name and number if possible.BTW thanks for the offer :)

I will take you up on that offer early next week as I will have had more time with your cartridge please private message me with your name and number if possible.BTW thanks for the offer :)
Fishy guy please don't be coy :) We would ALL like to hear what you think of the cartridge.

Fishy guy please don't be coy :) We would ALL like to hear what you think of the cartridge.

the zero dust came in last night it seems pretty cool ! after Monday I will give a close comparison to my Ortofon.

I still do not know where the ohm setting on my c2300 should be set to perhaps Tonepub or Bernard could advise or anybody else for that matter I am using 1.5 meter audioquest diamondback interconnects.

I still do not know where the ohm setting on my c2300 should be set to perhaps Tonepub or Bernard could advise or anybody else for that matter I am using 1.5 meter audioquest diamondback interconnects.
Cartridge loading is always a question of suck it and see. Immedia should help you with this, but it really has to be set by ear, according to what you like best.

The optimum setting for my Koetsu is supposed to be 100 ohms (some say 30 ohms), and my ARC has provision for using loading resistors across the input, but I have not found a huge difference in loading it down. I use it with the standard 47k input of my preamp.

I would start loading a 100 ohms and modify to taste. That diamondbacks are good ICs, in fact I use them between my Black cube and VK31SE, however, I think you may want to try something in silver.

Cartridge loading is always a question of suck it and see. Immedia should help you with this, but it really has to be set by ear, according to what you like best.

The optimum setting for my Koetsu is supposed to be 100 ohms (some say 30 ohms), and my ARC has provision for using loading resistors across the input, but I have not found a huge difference in loading it down. I use it with the standard 47k input of my preamp.

That's interesting Bernard, I have my Orpheus on 47K, when the closest setting to optimum is supposed to be 100 Ohms. A recent listener claimed it sounded fast, and would I change it to 100 Ohms to see what difference it made? I refused:D

I did spend a lot of time messing between the two settings, FWIW. I'm not convinced I buy the 'fast' description at 47K - I just thought everything sounded better focused with it.

Back