Looking for advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaandmel

Reaction score
I currently have an 8.2 set up(Audyssey DSX wides) with a pair of Prefaces, six Encores, one Dynamo and one Abyss. I recently listened to a pair of Vantages and am sold on ESL's. I am now going to upgrade and am thinking of getting either a pair of Ethos or waiting to listen to the new Electromotions. If I end up with the Ethos, I am thinking that my current speakers might not have any place in my system due to the fact that the Ethos are that much better and they may degrade their sound? If I go with the Electromotions when they come out, I think my current speakers will fit in a little better and I will have extra funds to replace them with the matching speakers that ML said they will be releasing to go along with them. I mostly use my system for HT and on occasion music. Any suggestions? My brain tells me to wait and listen to the Electromotions because for my purposes they will probably be good enough. But my heart wants the Ethos! Has anyone taken a similar journey? Thanks!

aaah, a very slippery slope. Coming from someone who started where you are and did not get a good pair of spiked shoes first.:D

Advice? Your heart always wins out. Once you have been bitten by the ESL bug you are doomed to chasing the dragon. Might as well grab the tail now while you are still young enough to hold on.:D

I have 3 separate ML ESL based HTs or Multi-Channel systems, once you fall for ESLs it just a matter of time before you go all in. The trick is to enjoy the time looking and listening and do it one step at a time. Take that first step with the ETHOS and you can enjoy the journey.

How's that for advice?

Thanks! That was just the validation that I needed!! If I get the best I possibly can afford, I won't be wishing for anything more. At least not for awhile anyway. :D So it looks like I start with the Ethos and build my system around them.

Now that I decided on the Ethos, the question is do I incorporate any of my current speakers or just wait until I can add better speakers that more closely match the Ethos? I plan to add the Stage, Depth and Motion FX as funds allow. What order would you guys add them?

Latest posts

Back