Long Time Martin Logan User

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayGee

Reaction score
I'm John. I have had Martin Logan products for over 15years. Requests, Logos...currently I have Prodigy's, Stage and Stylos speakers.

I also have a pair of CLX Arts for eval. They sound grreatttt!

Glad to be a member!

Welcome JG

So you have them for eval? Sounds like a good (and rare) situation. Do you expect you'll keep them? What are you driving them with? System desciption and pics are always welcome (see "Member Systems" thread).

Cheers

Welcome JG

So you have them for eval? Sounds like a good (and rare) situation. Do you expect you'll keep them? What are you driving them with? System desciption and pics are always welcome (see "Member Systems" thread).

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome.

The Art's are driven through a McIntosh MX150 and MC303. I have been very lucky in that Dennis Chern of M-L stopped by to help set them up. No final decision, and I cannot keep these, but they sure are interesting.

Hello everyone, Long time ML listener with SL3's since new in 1998. Can't get away from them because nothing sounds the same. I do have a few questions. I'm in the process of rebuilding them, panels ordered, crossovers sent back for check up and need new woofers.

Amp used Emotiva XPA1 mono blocks, 500 wts 8 ohm and 1000 rms 4 ohms.

Think I need a beefer woofer. Of course 4 ohm. Here's what I'm looking at and any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks Looking for suggestions for replacement woofers for my old SL3's. The Vifa's are no longer being made and Martin Logan wants to sell me their's at 250.00 a pop. Have bought new panel which should be here in a couple of weeks and set the crossovers back to be checked out. Looking at the Aurum Cantus AC-250SW Specifications: • Power handling: 180 watts RMS/270 watts max • VCdia: 2-1/2" • Le: 0.84 mH • Impedance: 4 ohms • Re: 3.6 ohms • Frequency range: 35-2,500 Hz • Fs: 35 Hz • SPL: 88 dB 1W/1m • Vas: 1.48 cu. ft. • Qms: 2.35 • Qes: 0.56 • Qts: 0.45 • Xmax: 8 mm • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 10-1/4", Cutout diameter: 9-3/8", Depth: 5-1/4".

Running Emotive XPA1 500 watt mono blocks.

Any suggestion?

One other woofer I'm looking at is a new style Vifa'

Vifa NE265W-04 10" Subwoofer
Vifa's NE Series full-range drivers feature an innovative sculpted, open cast aluminum basket design that minimizes internal acoustic reflections and acts as the neodymium motor's heatsink. An additional heatsink provides extra thermal dissipation. The cone is constructed of a coated natural wood fiber, with a butyl rubber surround designed by finite element analysis for linearity of performance. FEA techniques also contribute to the motor's copper cap, which reduces inductance.

Specifications: • Power handling: 125 watts RMS/250 watts max • VCdia: 2" • Le: 0.16 mH • Impedance: 4 ohms • Re: 2.9 ohms • Frequency range: 20-2,000 Hz • Fs: 23 Hz • SPL: 88 2.83V/1m • Vas: 2.57 cu. ft. • Qms: 13.8 • Qes: 0.30 • Qts: 0.29 • Xmax: 9.05 mm • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 10.45", Cutout diameter: 9.25", Depth: 6".

I'm open to any suggestions

I'm John. I have had Martin Logan products for over 15years. Requests, Logos...currently I have Prodigy's, Stage and Stylos speakers.

I also have a pair of CLX Arts for eval. They sound grreatttt!

Glad to be a member!

Where about in Northern Il.? I'm in Arlington Heights.
Good to have another ML guy in the area.

Doug - out

Back