List of electrostatic speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Feedback on any of those? Have read about Soundlabs, heard Apogees and Wisdom, and heard of Audio Exklusiv

Brand new 6ft high wide panels. Gulp that is cheap.

XPLS Series IV Curved ESL panels 16-in. wide x 60-in. high, without frames per pair assembled $749.00

Justin, they are selling complete speakers for less (much less!) than ML is now charging for replacement panels on older models. Kind of shoots a hole in ML's BS that they had to double replacement panel costs because they were losing money.

I knew you'd love it, Rich - that's why I made it obvious:)

Fair point, though, is it not? They won't have MLs overheads, and they just might be rubbish (I doubt it but possible), but then again they won't have MLs economy of scale either.

Justin,Analysis audio has a dealer called Alternative Audio at taunton. Wanna go?

Last edited:
It's Peter - he's turned up at the Bristol show with Omegas and NAT amps. Also Silverstone. Spoken to him a couple of times and he's alright. He does sell some very nice kit. Omegas are similar to Duettas but needless to say I prefer the later.

If you want to go I'll meet you there.

Down to taste I guess. I'd probably take the Omegas TBH. But that's just me. The Omega inspired me getting some Apogees refurbished.

There's a new Apogee coming out soon - not the same as the pair I am having made. They are by Graz in Australia but Jon (Reality Audio - chap who is building mine in Birmingham) should be getting some. Defo go an listen to those - I will let you know when they appear. They WILL be better than the ones I have now.

Peter's NAT amps, TTs and Loit CDPs are all very nice. Could do worse than go. Not sure how good his showroom facility is, though. Never been.

List is missing a few, including these guys from Germany. So if anyone misses the Statements, this could get you close:

http://www.ami-hifi.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=66&lang=en

purist_esl.jpg

And a pic from a trade show (Munich HighEnd 2012):

Purist_ESL trade show.jpg

These are nicely done, with a full line-array of mid-bass drivers, it can play plenty loud and even (110dB @4M). They are dipole mid-bass, so not ideal. That sub is definitely the conversation piece ;-)
Available as an active crossover config with speaker and room correction, this one would be a really nice 2ch setup.

More info and pics here: http://calvins-audio-page.jimdo.com/projekte-projects/lautsprecher-loudspeaker/purist-esl-mk2-en/

At 59,000 Euro's, not cheap, but in the ballpark of the old Statements cost. Price List here

Last edited:
The thing is some of the list is incredibly cheap, ful-range. Also in Germany Audio Exklusiv full-range is 8000 and 15000 Euros and they won some best speaker award at a hifi shopw, and if any of you know Mr. Acoustat from the various forums, he thinks they are the next best to his modded Acoustats

List is missing a few, including these guys from Germany. So if anyone misses the Statements, this could get you close:

These are nicely done, with a full line-array of mid-bass drivers, it can play plenty loud and even (110dB @4M). They are dipole mid-bass, so not ideal. That sub is definitely the conversation piece ;-)
Available as an active crossover config with speaker and room correction, this one would be a really nice 2ch setup.

More info and pics here: http://calvins-audio-page.jimdo.com/projekte-projects/lautsprecher-loudspeaker/purist-esl-mk2-en/

At 59,000 Euro's, not cheap, but in the ballpark of the old Statements cost. Price List here

Wow, those are pretty cool, Jon. And that sub . . . I just don't know what to say about that sub. :wow:

Back