line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pro Audio

Currently I’m a self employed software developer/consultant, prior to this I was a Sr. Architect at Harman Pro in the System Development & Integration Group (SDIG).

Military here, continually searching for ways to support a gourmet A/V appreciation.

After 33 years, 1 month and 10 days working for Uncle Sam, I retired March
1st, 2007. My last career position was as a Technology Release Manager, where I helped Project Managers with the types of testing needed for their projects to succeed.

Currently I’m a self employed software developer/consultant

Ditto - the last post I read of yours you seemed to be switched into Dolby stuff... don't freak about that though. Just thought it was cool you were into computers...

Geez, I just took 3 edits to post that. One day I'll make a post with no edit!

Last edited:
Retired from the USN as Senior Chief Petty Officer in 1996. Trained as an aircraft mechanic. After retiring, took odd jobs, driving concrete mixers, stocking shelves and just having fun trying new things. My better half asked me if I was ready to get a real job after 2 years of playing around!

Went to work for an extremely wealthy man restoring his personal WWII era aircraft to a flying status. He crashed 2 planes due to pilot error. Ran one out of gas with a sight glass and bobber in front of his face. The other he attempted a landing in an open field in a Spitfire because the pilots in WWII did it. Dug the wing in the dirt and ground looped it. Time for me to go!!

Been with Northrop Grumman since 2003. Maintain aircraft at the Test and Development Squadron at Naval Air Station Patuxant River, MD.

Been with Northrop Grumman since 2003. Maintain aircraft at the Test and Development Squadron at Naval Air Station Patuxant River, MD.

Hey Chief

How are things down ther at Pax? Your post makes me wax nostalgic...haven't been there since being part of the design team for the NAVAIRSYSCOM HQ when we moved it out of Crystal City.

Last edited:
Technical writer and repair coordinator for an engineering company. Hoping my Logans will help inspire me to do something with an MFA in creative fiction writing.

I am a Deputy Sheriff. I have been looking into going back to college for my masters; we'll see what the future holds.

After 21 years, 1 month and 1 day with GSK I was summarily dismissed during the most recent round of lay-offs. I was a big pharma rep till last week...

After 21 years, 1 month and 1 day with GSK I was summarily dismissed during the most recent round of lay-offs. I was a big pharma rep till last week...

As someone who was also recently downsized, I feel your pain. :-(

I have issued commands to small bits of silicon for 22 years...

My mind is blown - there is no question about it.

I own an wood exporting company for high end furniture (including speakers!), flooring and automobile interiors, and I also own rental properties that I manage myself :)

For the past 17 years; Business Manager, UC Davis Medical Group Primary Care Network and Associate Professor (Infectious Diseases), UC Davis School of Medicine.

Formerly, I was educated with your tax dollars as a microbiology/infectious disease laboratory resident at the National Centers for Disease Control (remember the Andromeda Strain movie? That's the place). :eek: Ran the R&D and eventually the corporate headquarters lab at one of our nation's largest commercial clinical laboratories (Hoffmann La-Roche) for 10 years. Spent one year on Wall St. involved with an IPO startup lab before my wife told me that I needed to find a real job (<90 hrs/week!

Rick

just me....

i drive a school bus....

been doing that for only 7 years.
benefits beat all i've ever known.
before that, i was an event coordinator and director of catering.

I own a webhosting company and what was a hobby now turned into a 3rd business a mercedes car forum.

I am a music teacher,mainly flute,and classes of wind players.Also teach the Alexander Technique.

Back