Lampizator!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the lampizator is under analog..... so Justin... is it using a moving coil cartridge????? How is the 'wow & flutter'? What is this? The analog guys just trying to take credit for a good thing?? :)
Why is Justin being blamed for Bonzo's sins?

I guess the Lampizator sounds "analog-like", hence the section in which it's posted.

sorry fellas.. I moved it to Analog after seeing the tube thingies on that pic. LOL.. should it be elsewhere?? Let me know..

I don't have a whole lot of time to read all the threads...

Why is Justin being blamed for Bonzo's sins?

I guess the Lampizator sounds "analog-like", hence the section in which it's posted.

Oh. I thought Justin had the 7 in house. I like that ...'analog like'.

sorry fellas.. I moved it to Analog after seeing the tube thingies on that pic. LOL.. should it be elsewhere?? Let me know..

I don't have a whole lot of time to read all the threads...
Tom, it's about a tube DAC.....should be under digital.

They do Lampizator coke in Germany so it seems.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400273469524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400273469524.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 122
For what it's worth, I just completed a review of the Lampizator Amber DAC Plus, which pits it against both the Hegel HD-12 DAC and the Abbingdon Music Research AMR DP-777 DAC/Preamp in comparisons and, as you'll read, it does quite well. What's more it only costs about $2,300 (you can purchase the base level Amber for under $2,000). Here's a link to my review, which also features some nice pictures at the end of the article:

http://ayllonmedia.com/1/post/2015/01/the-lampizator-amber-dac-plus-is-it-a-dac-lite-or-a-real-contender-in-home-audio.html?fb_action_ids=10152991492212726&fb_action_types=dragndropbuilderapp%3Ashare

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

There never was a level 1 or 2 DAC to my knowledge. Google seems to confirm that.

I had an AMR DP-777 on dem when it came out as it looked very interesting. It still does. And it is beautifully made. Unfortunately it sounds really quite poor for the money and it EASILY beaten by the likes of a Jolida Glass FX II DAC for MUCH, MUCH less money.

Try the Jolida now at mk III, with some NOS Siemens valves if possible. I've not heard the Amber, but I broadly assume it sounds about the same as a level 3, which I have heard. I owned a 4, now I have a Big 7. If you want a bit of a shock, try and hear the 7!:)

Back